Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Jaydee Output from Kawai CA-51 - 01/02/10 06:06 AM
I am the happy owner of a Kawai CA-51, which comes with pre-recorded songs. Can anybody tell me if there is a way to take the output of these songs and convert it back to written notes that I can play myself? (The harmonies from some are marvelous, and beyond my capability to figure out from simply hearing them.)
Thanks!

Jaydee
Posted By: ChrisA Re: Output from Kawai CA-51 - 01/02/10 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by Jaydee
I am the happy owner of a Kawai CA-51, which comes with pre-recorded songs. Can anybody tell me if there is a way to take the output of these songs and convert it back to written notes that I can play myself? (The harmonies from some are marvelous, and beyond my capability to figure out from simply hearing them.)
Thanks!

Jaydee

You should be able to connect the DP to your computer using MIDI. Then you record the midi data. Most midi recorders will show you "piano roll" notation which is very easy to read (even if you never seen it before) this would be enough for you to figure out the chords if not the next step is to run the midi data trough software that converts midi to music notation.

One possible problem, some keyboards block midi output for some of the demo songs. My Yamaha DP does this.
Posted By: Jaydee Re: Output from Kawai CA-51 - 01/04/10 05:46 PM
Thank you very much!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums