Roland HP 126

Posted by: torty

Roland HP 126 - 01/11/10 07:13 PM

We are on a very tight budget - about $500 - and are shopping for a used digital piano for our 4-yr old to start lessons on. There's a Roland HP 126 on our local Craig's List for $500. The seller said that he would take $400. Assuming everything is in working order, does this sound like a fair price? Should I worry about the older age of the instrument?
Thanks for any advice.
Posted by: ChrisA

Re: Roland HP 126 - 01/11/10 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: torty
We are on a very tight budget - about $500 - and are shopping for a used digital piano for our 4-yr old to start lessons on. There's a Roland HP 126 on our local Craig's List for $500. The seller said that he would take $400. Assuming everything is in working order, does this sound like a fair price? Should I worry about the older age of the instrument?
Thanks for any advice.

The 126 is old, I think from the late 90's. But a beginnercan learn equaly well on any qualy keyboard so this shouod serve your needs

But whenever you buy a used digital piano you should check to see what kind of new digital piano you could get for the same price. About the only one is the PX130 for $429. It would work for your needs also.

But I'm a fan of old Rolands. I think they are mostly ahead of the pack and well built. $400 is about as cheap as you will find for a usable weighted key piano and is not to much of a risk.
Posted by: torty

Re: Roland HP 126 - 01/11/10 09:52 PM

Thanks Chris.
The seller bought the piano in 2000.
Considering the Roland comes already in the case, with pedals and bench, would it be a better deal than the PX 130? How do you think they compare in sound and action? I couldn't find out anywhere if the HP has scaled weighted action which I think is probably an important feature.
If I decide to go look at the Roland, can you please give me some advice on what to check to make sure that it is still in good shape?
Thanks!