Piano World Home Page
Posted By: DanAlex Roland F100 vs Roland FP-4 - 02/22/10 01:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase my first Piano keyboard - my priority is on feel and sound, less concerned about midi and bells and whistles.

I'm looking at either the Roland F100 or the Roland FP-4. Both are in my price range of $1600 cdn or so. Right now, I'm leaning towards the FP-W based on sound quality and piano feel.

Feedback from users would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Daniel
Posted By: ChrisA Re: Roland F100 vs Roland FP-4 - 02/22/10 01:48 AM
[quote=DanAlex]Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase my first Piano keyboard - my priority is on feel and sound, less concerned about midi and bells and whistles.

I'm looking at either the Roland F100 or the Roland FP-4. Both are in my price range of $1600 cdn or so. Right now, I'm leaning towards the FP-W based on sound quality and piano feel.

I think the two pianos use identical key actions the "alpha II", if I remember right. If you coud spend just a couple hundred more you could move up to a "PHA II" based keyboard. (The Roland FP-7) I think the non-apha keys are much better. Also for the price oof an FP-4 you can buy a Yamaha with GH keys (P155 or YDP160). I prefer those. But key feel is subjective
Posted By: kiedysktos. Re: Roland F100 vs Roland FP-4 - 02/22/10 04:16 PM
Fp-4 has "session partner" with 80x2 rhythm patterns (it plays bass from chords you input preciously or in a real time). It also has 77 normal sounds, including fins electric pianos, organs, basses, strings, pads an so on, plus 256 less quality voices for MIDI and fun.

You can listen to some of the voices here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UxUloaSm0Y
and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyTqDeET8rg

It has some effects, such as compressor or 4 ban equalizer, and more; you can also store your settings, and also record 2 tracks (and if you like the 3rd from session partner).

It has also 2x7W speakers, it's very light (15,3 kg). So it's nice stage piano for the price.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums