Can someone give me some info on this old Lowrey organ?

Posted by: MrHazelton

Can someone give me some info on this old Lowrey organ? - 07/05/10 09:39 AM

Can somebody tell me about this organ. I had the same model in my house when I was growing up. Mine was in better shape than this one. I am struggling to find more info on this organ. After spending more than an hour searching this picture is the only thing I could come up with. The organ was given to my parents friends when my parents moved away. The friend lives about 10 minutes from me, still has the organ, and never uses it. I'm thinking of offering the some $$$ for it. Thanks.

Posted by: Piano Peddler

Re: Can someone give me some info on this old Lowrey organ? - 07/16/10 09:23 AM

This looks like an older model (early 70's) Lowrey Venus or Holiday TLOK model, judging from the built-in cassette player and colored tabs. Assuming it is in proper working condition, which a nearly 40 year-old electronic organ may not be, considering the missing walnut veneer on the two front cabinet arms, its monetary value is negligible. Offer your friend $50 if it makes you feel better; you will spend far more than that for a technician to go through and clean the key contacts and whatever other service it may need.
Posted by: MrHazelton

Re: Can someone give me some info on this old Lowrey organ? - 07/16/10 05:46 PM

Thank you for your response. The organ in the picture is not the one I would have purchased. It was the only picture that I could find online. The real organ is in much better shape. Thanks again.