Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old

Posted by: Chopinlover49

Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 10/30/13 07:49 AM

I have looked at the websites for Allen and Rodgers and found many wonderful, interesting organs featured, but no prices. Is there any source for price information on these, other than going to a store and talking to salesmen? I am just in the looking and thinking stage right now. Same question for slightly-used (not really old instruments.)
Posted by: Chopinlover49

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 10/30/13 07:51 AM

I know there is helpful information on the PianoBuyer web page for pianos, but how about organs? I have looked at Ebay and Craigslist, some other search-aided sites, and found very little reliable information. Most of the used things are quite old, and asking prices aren't dependable. New organs--nothing.
Posted by: Ken Knapp

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 11/07/13 10:29 PM

When looking at a lot of new organs, I would say look to spend $25k and upwards, $50k would not be unheard of..
Posted by: kalee21

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 11/20/13 10:45 AM

Ken's estimate is correct, these high end digital organs are expensive. Allen pride themselves on having spares even for very old organs

If you want a real pipe organ alternative, try www.ladach.de
Or organclearinghouse.net

Great instruments available. House organs not uncommon in Europe.
Posted by: Piano Peddler

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 11/26/13 04:52 PM

Hi Chopinlover49,

I would be happy to help you with any specific details on either brand of organ. Just PM me with any models you are interested in. Check out the company websites to narrow your search.
Posted by: Ken Knapp

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 12/10/13 09:56 PM

Can't get any better than Craig for the straight story on the pros and cons on what's out there! smile
Posted by: gsmonks

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 05/07/14 08:11 AM

I was just given a huge old Rodgers organ by a local church that had closed. They were unable to find a buyer for it, probably because this is a rural area and no one plays piano or organ any more.

High-end digital organs are cheap if you go the build-it-yourself route. Buy yourself a good midi-pedal board, 4 rack-mount controller keyboards and a computer and you've got yourself the best organ money can buy. The software will cost $500 or so, but the sounds available today will exceed your expectations in every way. Yes, you can still buy yourself a big, expensive piece of furniture, but in this day and age you don't have to. Especially if you intend to play out with your setup.
Posted by: R_B

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 05/07/14 03:22 PM

From what (little) I have read about digital organs the keyboards and electronics are relatively inexpensive.
Add an IMPRESSIVE console, add a full AGO pedal board, it is starting to add up.

For a LOT of SOUND pressure in a very large hall, e.g. as a pipe organ replacement in a medium/large church...
That takes power amps and .....$PEAKER $Y$TEM$
Yeah, NOW it is costing something.
Less in Cinemas and other halls that already have "good" sound systems that an be patched into.
Posted by: Rich Galassini

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 05/20/14 10:22 PM

Chopinlover,

This is a video taken at the Rodgers factory just a couple weeks ago of a new 599 console that has been interphased with pipes. It is pretty cool:

There are some good used Rodgers and Allens out there.

Good luck in your search. I am happy to help if I can.
Posted by: gsmonks

Re: Any price information on Allen or Rodgers organs, new or old - 05/22/14 01:04 AM

Here's another example of a guy who has taken a mighty organ and converted it. Dunno what hardware he used, but he's running Hauptwerk software:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyZwCnGB9hY&feature=share