Antique Millers Pump Organ

Posted by: tommyhorn

Antique Millers Pump Organ - 12/03/07 08:12 PM

I have a beautiful antique Millers Pump Organ that is in Excellent working condition. It belonged to my mother and now I need to sell it. Asking $1500. Located in Carlisle PA.

Posted by: Tom Tuner

Re: Antique Millers Pump Organ - 12/12/07 01:58 PM

The case and keyboard look very nice, but you have an unrealisic idea of what a parlor organ with two ranks of reeds is likely to bring. Someone may well pay that much, but a survey of the market shows that to be unlikely.
Posted by: tommyhorn

Re: Antique Millers Pump Organ - 12/18/07 12:26 PM

That is what I got from a dealer, what is it worth realisticly, I need to move it asap
Posted by: Tom Tuner

Re: Antique Millers Pump Organ - 12/19/07 02:10 PM

If the dealer is willing to go that high, close the deal immediately! There is no orderly market in reed organs, so a definate price is hard to fix. You could check on e-Bay for prices that similar instruments have sold for (not the asking prices). A current gag on the Reed Organ On-Line Forum concerns one of the more absurd prices recently posted.

Tom
Posted by: Jim Berna

Re: Antique Millers Pump Organ - 03/10/08 10:29 AM

If you have been offered that sum, sell it! I have refinished and rebuilt many pump organs in western Pennsylvania, (I'm from the Pittsburgh area) and I have trouble getting 500.00 to 600.00 for pump organs! The problem was in our area, many farms had them and they were plenteous!