It was a day that will never be forgotten

Posted by: jgoo

It was a day that will never be forgotten - 09/28/01 11:02 PM

I am just going to go over what happend on That Day, September 11, in my life:

I woke up, at 6:30 AM (Pacific Time. 9:30 AM Eastern Standard) as I do every morning and got ready for school. It wasn't until I got on the bus that I knew something was wrong. The bus driver had the radio on. I asked her what it was we were listening to, and she said that the World Trade Center had been hit by planes. When I first head this, I immeadiantly thought that it was just a really bad accident. The radio was on a low volume, so I couldn't really hear it too well. It was when I got to school when I realized that it was something far worse than just an accident. I walked into a room that I walk into every morning before school starts. The tv was on. I got in just in time to see the collapse of one of the towers live on tv. A bit later, reports were comeing in that the Pentigon had been attacked as well. My worst fears had then been confirmed: America was under attack. Although the news had been repeating this over and over, I didn't want to beleive it. At school, we spent all day watching the news live as it unfolded. I litterally felt sick to my stomach all day long, just knowing that something so terrible had occured, and I nearly cried. I also kept getting that feeling that I would wake up any moment, and it was all just a bad nightmare. That didn't happen, it was real. And even now, over two weeks after the attacks, I still cannot beleive what has happened.

As a side note, I have always wanted to go to New York City. Those towers were one of the main reasons. I've always wanted to go up into thier 107 story high observation decks. Now, that obviously cannot happen.
Posted by: brummell

Re: It was a day that will never be forgotten - 12/22/06 06:16 PM

Unfortunately, I fear it will be forgotten just as the attack on Pearl Harbor. Ask any high school student what they know Pearl Harbor. They'll answer, "Pearl who?" This isn't a joke; I'm serious.