Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#167853 - 06/02/05 07:58 AM Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Stevester Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
I hope to visit Seattle this summer and I was hoping I could get some recommendations regarding piano dealers to visit. Any input is appreaciated. Private messages are welcome.

Many thanks,
Steve

anon

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#167854 - 06/02/05 08:10 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Catlady Offline

Loc: Arlington,VA
Go see Alex at Classical Grands.

#167855 - 06/02/05 08:14 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Christopher P. Smith Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Timonium, MD
ditto!
Serving Central Pennsylvania and the Greater Baltimore Area

#167856 - 06/02/05 08:28 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
AaronSF Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco
Very impressive shop. Here's the URL:

http://www.classicalgrands.com/

#167857 - 06/02/05 10:48 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Steve Cohen Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland/DC/No. VA
Doesn't Prosser operate in the Seattle market?

Consultant & Contributing Editor - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Jasons Music
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Since 1937.

www.jasonsmusic.com
My postings, unless stated otherwise, are my personal opinions, not those of my clients.

#167858 - 06/02/05 03:52 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Stevester Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks, I forgot all about Alex and Classical Grands. He is now on my list.

Regards,
Steve

anon

#167859 - 06/02/05 05:53 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
teachum Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: idaho
Only show in town IMO - Classical Grands. There are others - but not to be mentioned in the same breath. And while you are there - ask Steve to play for you! WOW!!!!

Estonia #6141 in Satin Mahogany

#167860 - 06/03/05 08:42 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
frida1 Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Prosser Piano & Organ is in Bellevue, just outside Seattle. They are the Petrof dealers. The shop is not in the same league as Classical grands, but if you're interested in Petrof, check them out.

There is also Sherman and Clay, the Steinway dealers. They have many used pianos of all types.

#167861 - 06/03/05 08:57 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
teachum Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I went to Prosser and played Petrof. They were very nice. The pianos and the people.

#167862 - 06/03/05 09:55 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
hiracer Offline

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Helmers in Bellevue has Schimmel, Vogel, Baldwin, Kawaii, and others. Just down the Street from Sherman Clay.

#167863 - 06/03/05 09:57 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Rich D. Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Rehoboth Beach De. USA
Classical Grands is the best piano shop I've been to when visiting Seattle. Met the famous Alex there. Will be there again in a couple of weeks visiting my son but have no excuse to drop in again. I've also seen the web page for Seattle Piano Gallery but I've not been there. The advertise a Mason & Hamlin BB rebuilt by Del Fandrich.

Rich

"Life is like a piano....what you get out of it depends on how you play it"
Anonymous

#167864 - 06/03/05 09:58 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
hiracer Offline

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Stevester:
Thanks, I forgot all about Alex and Classical Grands. He is now on my list.

Regards,
Steve [/b]
Don't go to Classical Grands, because it may cost you a bundle. Alex has high end pianos, and after he's done with teaching you why his pianos are so good, you won't be able to settle for less. Yikes!

#167865 - 06/04/05 06:41 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Stevester Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks everyone!.

anon

#167866 - 06/22/05 01:01 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Jonnie P. Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've gotten two great deals at Helmer's as well as very good service. Highly recommended. Not such good luck with Washburn – the Yamaha dealership

Seattle Piano Gallery is fun to visit but I don't think their prices are very competitive. Great rebuilders though – they do beautiful work. Arnie Tucker, the owner, really knows his way around vintage Steinways.

Kawai RX-2 ES

Obsessive behaviour: Jazz and other forms of piano improvisation

#167867 - 06/22/05 01:37 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Alex Hernandez Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks for all of the kind words guys and gals!

I when suggest you visit Monty at Helmers, I have never met him in person but know he has a great reputation.

I also like Steve Sloan at Washburn piano, Greg who works there is also a heck of a nice guy.

Ray Harris at Prossers is a longtime veteran who is also a nice guy.

Arny at SPG is very nice and his top tech Ken Wildes Is aces in my book.

Sherman Clay has Steve Brady and Jennifer Bowman who are both well respected and very nice people too.

Seattle has alot to offer the perspective piano buyer, I hope to see you when you visit. HAVE FUN!!!

BlĂĽthner USA, LLC

#167868 - 06/22/05 07:00 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Dale Fox Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Nor California Sacramento area
Alex,

you do still exist!!!!! Nice to see you post.

Dale F

#167869 - 06/23/05 09:33 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Palindrome Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Not having looked for pianos in Seattle, I'm perfectly qualified to give advice.

The Fandrich and sons (Darrell & sons) showroom is in Stanwood, WA, an hour north of downtown Seattle.

www.fandrich.com

Del Fandrich, who posts here, may have some pianos in addition to the Mason & Hamlin mentioned above. He's in Hoquiam, about 2 hours away, I think.

http://www.pianobuilders.com/homeframe.html

#167870 - 06/23/05 05:30 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
wolfindmist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: In a state full of Volcanoes
Clinton's Music House in Tacoma were nice folks to do business with; got a nice deal on my 1907 Henry F. Miller. Plus they are authorized Yamaha Dealers and have what seems to be almost every make of Yamaha piano on the floor.

I also have drooled as my father took me for a trip into Seattle and we passed by the Piano Gallery. He just wouldn't stop the car so I could go in and look at the pianos I could see in the windows.

I would also like to check out that Classical Grands, Fandrich & Son's Stanwood showroom, and Del (Hoqium is a ferry trip and drive away from the Seattle side of Puget Sound). Never been to any of these folks but I have heard great things about them and would like to see their pianos someday.

#167871 - 06/23/05 10:24 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, Washington
 Quote:
Originally posted by wolfindmist:

I would also like to check out that Classical Grands, Fandrich & Son's Stanwood showroom, and Del (Hoqium is a ferry trip and drive away from the Seattle side of Puget Sound). Never been to any of these folks but I have heard great things about them and would like to see their pianos someday. [/b]
Del is no longer in Hoquiam. We are now located in Centralia just about dead center between Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington (hence the name). Now instead of reaching us by boat you get there by train and check out the newly renovated train station. (If you come by train and want to visit our shop, let us know you are coming and call when you get in -- we'll pick you up.)

Del
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon

#167872 - 06/23/05 11:37 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
beandoc Offline

Loc: Victoria, BC
Just have to chime in and comment on what a class act Alex seems to be. We have lots of great dealers here on PW, but to come on a thread about piano stores in his neck of the woods and give lots of advice about how great/respected/helpful his competitors are says alot about him.

I'm a little north in Victoria, BC and did my shopping here and on the mainland in Vancouver. Norbert was a great help, but I couldn't say much nice about the other dealers I saw -- the common thread was "Here's why those other guys have crappy pianos. Here's a Steinway in my showroom. Piece of junk isn't it......."

Next time we're down in Seattle, I've got to go check out Alex' (and maybe some of his competitors' :-) stores.

J

"Remember, wherever you go, there you are" -- Buckaroo Bonzai

#167873 - 06/24/05 11:16 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
wolfindmist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Del:
 Quote:

I would also like to check out that Classical Grands, Fandrich & Son's Stanwood showroom, and Del (Hoqium is a ferry trip and drive away from the Seattle side of Puget Sound). Never been to any of these folks but I have heard great things about them and would like to see their pianos someday. [/b]
Del is no longer in Hoquiam. We are now located in Centralia just about dead center between Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington (hence the name). Now instead of reaching us by boat you get there by train and check out the newly renovated train station. (If you come by train and want to visit our shop, let us know you are coming and call when you get in -- we'll pick you up.)

Del [/b]
Great location is Centrailia ; lots of outlet malls, antique stores and I recall some nice restaurants.

Del; If I get down that way I will have to check out your pianos.

We used to go through Centrailia when I was showing dogs.

#167874 - 06/24/05 11:22 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
jgoo Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Seattle, Washington, USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Catlady:
Go see Alex at Classical Grands. [/b]

#167875 - 06/25/05 08:45 AM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, Washington
 Quote:
Great location is Centrailia ; lots of outlet malls, antique stores and I recall some nice restaurants.

Del; If I get down that way I will have to check out your pianos.

We used to go through Centrailia when I was showing dogs. [/b]
And now with at least one new restaurant; the Gibson House. It's in a beautifully restored old building and currently features Joe Baque playing on one of our pianos, a 1910 (approx.) 6' Geo. Steck rosewood grand. It fits the decor nicely and Joe fits any decor.

Del

PS. What kind of dogs?
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon

#167876 - 06/27/05 08:18 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
wolfindmist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I will have to check The Gibson House out; I love to see and listen to nice old pianos in that era. Having a piano myself from that era which will in two years (2007) will be celebrating it's centennial birthday. I bet that Rosewood is stunning to behold. Lucky Joe. Nice gig.

My own dogs are Bloodhounds and German Shepherds. But I have shown dogs for others also to help out other owner handler/breeders ; Black & Tan Coonhounds, Chow Chows, Afghan Hounds, American Foxhounds, Basset Hounds, Chihuahuas (my first show dog as a small child), and PBGV's.

Don't worry about the dogs , the dogs don't get to go into the room where my piano lives. I don't want bloodhound slingers (flying drool) and GSD hairy tumbleweeds and dust near my Henry.

And as for my cats; they too are forever banned from going into my music room. I didn't like the way on of them focused its eyes on the leg of my Henry... so the piano room is off limits for my critters. The bloodhound prefers bluegrass anyhow.
The GSD likes Brahms Liebeslieder Waltzes, she has refined tastes .

Even though I am not shopping for a piano now; there will probably come a time in my life where I will be thinking of a grand. But I do like to look and listen to all sorts of nice pianos and I keep my eyes out for nice pianos to tell my friends about. If there is a piano in a room I find myself drawn to it.... pianos draw me to them like a magnet ever since I was a young child.

#167877 - 06/27/05 09:29 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
teachum Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by beandoc:

Next time we're down in Seattle, I've got to go check out Alex' (and maybe some of his competitors' :-) stores.

J [/b]
He has no *real* competitors. \:D

#167878 - 06/27/05 09:32 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
teachum Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Wolf - I LOVE your sig line. Aren't GS's wonderful? I've had four *in* my life and they have all been marvelous. My current dog is not full-blooded, although an average person probably wouldn't know it. We call him *duty dog*.

#167879 - 06/29/05 01:25 PM Re: Piano Dealers In Seattle?
wolfindmist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Life is never dull when you have a bloodhound (bloodhounds have the best noses in the scent detection business) and a German Shepherd Dog living in the same house (smart, protective, loyal, good instincts and hearing). Both dogs can be quite vocal when there is need to be so. My bloodhound bays when she is excited and all of the neighbors actually like to hear it.

But when the GSD barks it usually is considered obnoxious so she has been taught to just bark at bad guys and strangers. All the houses around us have been burgled at least once, and sales men only come once to call and don't come back (skip on by).

GSDs are great at keeping annoying salesmen and bad guys away. They are good herding dogs; as my cats will attest.

I really don't know what to add to keep the post on the the topic of Piano Dealers In Seattle... so I won't really try.

But the GSD really does likes Brahms Liebeslieder Waltzes . I put it (Robert Shaw Chorale Recording) on in the car when I take her on trips and she settles down to the music. And neither dog barked when the piano tuner came by the other day; they like him I suppose.

But alas the Bloodhound likes her bluegrass; so we sometimes take to a bluegrass festival where she gets to meet the children there who have never seen a bloodhound in this neck of the woods.

I could add to keep the post on topic that I feel the NW area is fortunate to have many dealers and independent stores around to look for pianos to buy. Our area's population seems to be ever expanding; despite the fact that it really does rain all the time here. (Us natives keep telling folks that and yet they still come to live here.

Todays nw weather is medium gray. Weather Report: Damp Paws

LOL

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Request opinion YC G-175
by ivoryguy36
09/23/14 08:31 PM
"Break Free" by Ariana Grande on Piano
by Zach Evans
09/23/14 06:37 PM
V-Grand delivery on Friday!
by TonyB
09/23/14 06:36 PM
Kawai CE220 CA65 cabinet vibrations
by origen
09/23/14 04:43 PM
Baldwin 243 for Grade 4 students - Advice please!
by LeslieG
09/23/14 04:39 PM
Who's Online
114 registered (36251, anotherscott, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1176 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76297 Members
42 Forums
157715 Topics
2316642 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission