Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#167575 - 04/23/08 11:55 PM Need advice! Conover Cable (Samick) vs Kawai? PianoDisc vs Pianoforce?
Classic Chic Offline

Loc: USA
Hello there!

I am new to this forum and would like your thoughts/advice/comments/recommendations/experiences regarding these two pianos.

We have narrowed our search down between (both are brand new)

-Conover Cable (Samick) ccig-48d 5ft baby grand player with the pianodisc system
$7690 + tax

-Kawai GM-10k 5ft baby grand player with pianoforce system
$8405 + tax

Which piano would you choose and why? What are the pros and cons between the 2 player systems? Would love to hear from you all! Thanks in advance!

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#167576 - 04/24/08 04:23 PM Re: Need advice! Conover Cable (Samick) vs Kawai? PianoDisc vs Pianoforce?
Craigen Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: West Coast
Issues with your querry:

1. The Conover Cable is likely a petite grand at 4'8", not a 5' piano. Awfully small for any degree of tone in the bass section. Likely no working sostenuto middle pedal, likely a bass sustain function. I am unable to find information on this exact model. Either new model just out or you may have the model designation wrong.

2. Price on the GM10 is suspiciously low. An extraordinary deal on a GM10 with player would be over $12k. Bells start to go off for me when I hear of deals below dealer cost on new pianos.

3. Pianoforce is a new "player" in this catagory of products. It remains to be seen how they will fare in this delicate market. We also have no repair record on this new line. I have seen several prototypes demonstrated with a variety of front boxes and remotes.

#167577 - 04/24/08 10:22 PM Re: Need advice! Conover Cable (Samick) vs Kawai? PianoDisc vs Pianoforce?
Classic Chic Offline

Thank you for your helpful reply Craigen! I really do appreciate it!

I might have the model # incorrect for the Conover Cable but I'm pretty certain it is a 5'. The petite grand was also in the show room so we were able to see the difference in size and sound. I will look into the model # and also regarding the pedal...

The total price for the Kawai GM10K with player would be $8960.66 delivered with I believe 2 tunings. By your response I guess that is a pretty good deal. My instinct is telling me to go with the Kawai for this deal but just wasn't sure about the Pianoforce system as it is fairly new. The dealer price matched this same exact piano that we saw from another store going out of business. We we wary of purchasing from a place that would be closing so we asked if he would match it and he did to our surprise!

Just wanted to hear some thoughts from you all since this will be our first piano purchase! Very exciting but also anxious at the same time.
Thanks again!

#167578 - 04/24/08 11:52 PM Re: Need advice! Conover Cable (Samick) vs Kawai? PianoDisc vs Pianoforce?
Music Lover1 Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I am a pianoforce dealer and they are a fabulous product with very few problems in the field. However, there is an older discontinued Pianoforce model and a new, very updated replacement model which is called the performance system. The "performance system" is, in many ways, far more advanced in its operation, configuration, and compact size than the other brands on the market and the older P.F. version. And the new one is beautiful to look at as it is in polished ebony.

As long as the system you are getting is the newer Pianoforce performance system with USB, then the deal a winner. And if you can buy it all installed on that Kawai GM10 for the low price you were quoted, then you got a great deal.

#167579 - 04/25/08 11:25 AM Re: Need advice! Conover Cable (Samick) vs Kawai? PianoDisc vs Pianoforce?
Classic Chic Offline

Thank you Music Lover1 for your response! That is good to know. I believe it is the newer "Performance" model but I will call them to make sure.

I think at this point we are leaning towards the Kawai player and will be stopping by the store tomorrow! \:\)

#167580 - 04/26/08 02:46 PM Re: Need advice! Conover Cable (Samick) vs Kawai? PianoDisc vs Pianoforce?
Craigen Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: West Coast
Hate the idea of buying from a GOB sale. If the "going forward" dealer is matching the price this is good. I am still concerned about the price. Now you say $8960.66 is all-in delivered, I am even more concerned. According to Larry Fines formulas a good deal on a new GM10K without the player would be around $8000. Decent deals on the players add $4000+. Add the tax and delivery and you are at nearly $13k. Just scratchin' my head.

#167581 - 04/29/08 04:58 PM Re: Need advice! Conover Cable (Samick) vs Kawai? PianoDisc vs Pianoforce?
Classic Chic Offline

Well, we are very excited as we purchased our first piano! We decided on the Kawai GM-10 with the pianoforce player system and yes, we got such an unbelievable deal of $8960!!! It will be here next week and we are just so thrilled!

Thank you for offering your comments! \:\)

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
140 registered (ajames, 36251, accordeur, Allard, 45 invisible), 1738 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156334 Topics
2296038 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
High school student questions..
by lavienrose16
08/01/14 10:38 AM
August Piano Bar, drinks on the house
by Peyton
08/01/14 09:40 AM
I just read this at the Yamaha FAQ website
by BrianDX
08/01/14 09:21 AM
Schimmel DUO piano
by wimpiano
08/01/14 08:56 AM
Feurich 190 cm grand from 1920 - Is it any good?
by pinkfloydhomer
08/01/14 08:16 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission