Piano World Member's Recording Compilation Project
The Piano World Member's Recording Compilation Project (PW-MRCP) aims to create a compilation of recordings by Piano World members. The deliverable of this project will be a set of professionally pressed CD's containing recordings submitted by Piano World members.
The outline of the project plan is presented HERE
Call for Recording Submission
This thread invites interested members to consider submitting a recording for the Project.
Please post to this thread only
to declare your intention to submit a recording.[/b] Please use THIS THREAD
for general discussion/comments.
To aid proper planning of the project, members should be fairly certain that they can follow-through with their intention to submit a recording before declaring their intention here.
When declaring your intention to submit, there are only TWO pieces of information that is required: the
LENGTH[/b] of the intended submission (e.g., "5 minutes"), and your
Piano World Screen-Name[/b].
Information such as the title of the piece you intend to record, the name of the composer, the opus number, arrangement, etc. are encouraged but not yet required at this point. (We will need them eventually, but we figure we can get by without them for another month or so as far as planning is concerned. But providing the extra information may help avoid having different people submitting recordings of the same piece -- e.g., it would be a little awkward to find out at the last minute that we have twenty people submitting a recording of Greensleeves
using the same piano arrangement.
A few things to keep in mind as you think about submitting a recording:
- Let us know by 30 September 2004. If you intent to submit a recording, please let us know before 30 September 2004.
- COPYRIGHT: Please be mindful of copyright issues -- please help protect Piano World and protect this Project by not submitting material that is still protected by copyright. THIS THREAD is setup for copyright-related query/discussion. The http://www.ascap.com/ website is also a good resource. Generally speaking, your improvisations and original compositions are fine, and pretty much any music published more than 75 years ago are fine -- so your Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Bach, etc. are all covered.
- RELEASE FORM: To include your recording on the Compilation CD, you will be expected to sign a very simple release form stating that you allow the material you submit to be used royalty-free for this Project once (and only once for this Project, you will retain all rights to all the material you submit). This is to protect Piano World and this Project from any future copyright-related law suite. Your real name and signature will be required on this form, but this information will not be published with the Compilation CD (unless you explicitly want your real name to appear there). A draft of such a document will be posted for your reference in a couple of weeks.
- SKILL LEVEL: This is a community project for every one who loves the piano, beginners, students, amateurs, professionals, concert pianists -- every one is welcome.[/b] So don't be shy.
- Is it "Piano only?" No, your recording need not necessarily be a piano-only performance. We ask only that your recording involves the piano in some significant way. Other than that, feel free to be as creative as you would like.
- Deadline to actually submit your recording will likely be December 31, 2004. This may change, but please plan with that date in mind for the time being.
OK... this is a long post and there are many things involved in getting a recording compilation out, but the basic message is this:We want your recording for a set of CD's that we will be compiling, so please think about it and let us know if you'd like to give us your recording for the compilation.