Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#678694 - 12/13/05 11:34 PM Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
ClaraSchumann Offline

Hello,

I'm a piano teacher and one of my student's mothers has asked my advice about purchasing a piano for Christmas this year. She's specifically looking at the Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande.

This is a new digital piano and I know very little about it. No reviews that I can find on the net yet. The Suzuki website says that it has "advanced balanced graded hammer action, velocity sensitive."

My concern is solely about piano touch. I know her kids will love all the bells and whistles and will likely enjoy practice more. Her two daughters are my best students: they always practice and always do exactly what I ask. They currently go to Grandma's house for daily practice.

They've been taking lessons for two years. Will this piano serve their needs? I think at least one will want to go far with piano.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. This piano is currently for sale at Cosco for $1,999. This is probably the mom's approximate budget.

Thanks!

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Click Here

#678695 - 12/14/05 02:22 AM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lodz, Poland
As it has been said in numerous posts recently, Suzuki is not a well known brand. Can't say anything about its quality really, but I have read here that it can't stand up to Yamaha's and Roland's. And what I think, that in the mentioned price range you can get much more decent instrument.

But, that's just my opinion and I have never heard of Suzuki brand in my country, so no I can give you no information from my own experience.

Regards,
M.
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)

#678696 - 12/14/05 04:22 AM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Flaresofchaos Offline

Loc: Holland / the Netherlands
Best would be if they could bring someone that can play piano to a reasonable level (You \:\) ) to the store to try the instrument out.

If they like the touch and sound of the instrument, i don't think there's much risk to but this instrument. (Quality wise. Unknown brands (outside the Yamahas and Rolands) tend to get a bad review on these forums anyway.)

I can't tell you anything about Suzuki either, but it's definetly worth trying out, it does seem like a good price for such an instrument. (huge feature-list, and a nice cabinet.) Question is if they are really interested in all those features, and if they want their digital to be in a grand-cabinet. If they aren't sure about that then i agree with Mati that there are probably better options for the price. (to shop around and try many other types and brands for the best piano-touch and sound they can find.)

#678697 - 12/14/05 02:05 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Gyro Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I grew up taking classical lessons and playing
on acoustics. When I started playing again
after a long absence from the piano, I initially
got a digital only because I moved into an apt.
building where the neighbors hated pianos
(when I first moved in, a tenant with an
acoustic upright was literally run out of
the building). But now I'm sold on them and
consider them equivalent to acoustics, for all
practical purposes. I especially like the
zero maintenance aspect of them. What happens
oftentimes with acoustics is that people end up
skipping tunings, because of the hassle and
expense, and end up playing on an out-of-tune
instrument, which is the worst possible thing
for a student and can lead to fatigue and
giving up lessons.

I have a 700.00 digital upright and I'm very
pleased with it and consider it equivalent
to an acoustic, for all practical purposes--
of course, I would like a perfectly maintained
concert grand in a soundproof practice
room even better, but that's not practical.

I've never played a Suzuki, but everything
I've heard about them indicates a quality
instrument. At 1999.00 this should be even
better than my digital, plus, this has grand
piano styling and that catchy Suzuki name,
which conjures up the famous teaching method--
these could be very good motivating factors
for students. I believe the touch and sound
on this would be, for all practical purposes,
equivalent to an acoustic and the students
would not be shortchanged by doing all their
practicing on it. There might be an
ever-so-slight adjustment they would need
to make when playing on your studio acoustic
or on a recital grand, but this would be
true even with acoustic pianos--for example,
practicing at home on a "living-room" upright
that is not intended for serious playing,
and then having to adjust to the more
serious acoustics in studios and concert halls.
What kind of acoustic piano could she get
for 1999.00? Probably some questionable
used upright that would end up habitually
out-of-tune and frequently in need of
repairs.

#678698 - 12/14/05 02:34 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
pedron Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Hi Clara,

I am a starting student myself and i have tried the Suzuki at Costco and BJ's. Compared to the Yamaha and Roland i think the action is too soft (which might be what you'd probably want for little girls' fingers). I personally just got a Casio PX-110 and my teacher agrees that the action of it is pretty close to the real thing but it's a lot heavier. The other perk is that it's only $500.

Yet another perk (depending on how you look at it) it doesn't have any bells and whistles which means that your students won't get distracted from the actual instrument that they are learning. It has a metronome and proper pedals too (the pedals are extra for $60). The bad thing is that it's not really the living room type furniture like an upright might conjure. The other bad thing is that it's own speakers are not very good and the mom might have to shop for external speakers which she might not be willing to do so close to X-mas.

But as the others have said the best thing would probably be for you to go to any Costco or BJ's that you have close to you and try it out for yourself to see if you're happy with it. Also with a budget of around $2000 you can get a nice complete Yamaha or Roland with very good action or even action that can be customized to be either light or heavy. If you browse through this site you'll see many good information about Yamaha and Roland digital pianos.

Good luck.

#678699 - 12/14/05 05:31 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Mati Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lodz, Poland
To be more exact, there is no way of adjusting th action to be wither light or heavy. It's possible to change the way, how the key pressure (velocity) is treated by electronics, but not the key hammer movement itself.

M.
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)

#678700 - 12/14/05 05:41 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Paul Y Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Nashua, NH
For the Mom's invested $1995, she is primarily paying for a grand piano-styled cabinet of some expense, and the rest a not-so terrific musical instrument (ever hear of, "you get what you pay for"?).

If one does not particularly care to have that style digital piano, for about the same money, go to a Yamaha Clavinova dealer and try the CLP 230! Granted, it is not in a GP-styled cabinet! But musically, it will blow-away the Suzuki, feel and sound like a "real" piano and will be a far-better investment!

#678701 - 12/14/05 05:49 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
pedron Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Yes Mati.
 Quote:
To be more exact, there is no way of adjusting th action to be wither light or heavy. It's possible to change the way, how the key pressure (velocity) is treated by electronics, but not the key hammer movement itself.
This is a very important distinction to make. It got me fooled alright and i'm sure many others. For that matter even the cheaper PX-110 has this capability.

#678702 - 12/14/05 06:00 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
soldbear Offline

Loc: California
I did play with the Suzuku Mini-Grand at a local Costco. I can't say anything about its long term durability, but my first impression was, "it's so cheap." The materials feel cheap and the construction flimsy. The action is much lighter than a Roland (I'm not looking down on Suzuki pianos, it just that Roland is the one I'm most familiar with). It sounds OK I guess (can't test much amid the noise of a Costco store).

I'd rather buy a Casio AP45 instead. It is available right now from costco.com for half of the price of the Suzuki in question, including shipping/handing, and a bench. I looked at Casio before and IIRC, it looks and feels better.

Costco does have a generous return policy. Your student can always return the piano to any local Costco store if it doesn't work out for any reason.

#678703 - 12/14/05 06:30 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
wolfindmist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: In a state full of Volcanoes
I wrote about my experience playing one awhile back, maybe a month ago.

This past weekend I got a chance to try it again and I have some concerns after the experience to be honest. So seeing this thread I felt obliged to mention my second experience on this dwarf digital mini grand piano at a local costco store.

The bench is gone... don't know where? Did it break? It seemed not too sturdy the time I first played the piano. The black high gloss case lid is now very scratched up also.

But the biggest concern I had was that some of the keys and buttons are now no longer working. Hard to say if it is because of customer abuse or just heavy use in general, or perhaps dust and other junk in the keyboard, or if it is not very durable to begin with. The ink on some of the buttons is worn off. And some of the cool features weren't working properly, like the curser button for the menu which is pretty important if you want to access most of the features.

All of this is just my personal opinion of just one of these pianos after my second experience playing it after it had been on the sales floor awhile; and maybe this critter is just a lemon or received some abusive treatment the short time it has been on the sales floor at my costco.Maybe it is an exception as far as durability goes with re. to these dwarf digital grands.

I do think for 2000.00 you would be better off finding a different digital for less. But again that is just my opinion of the "piano". A big chunk of the price is probably to pay for the high gloss dwarf grand piano.

I truly was sorry to see it not working in such a short time on the sales floor. Who knows why it seems to not be working as well as it did when it first was put out on the floor-- to go south in short order. I would have expected it to last at least as long as the Yamaha Port-grand keyboard and it did not even come close longevity wise. Maybe it is a more delicate "instrument" then the Yamaha porta-grand keyboard.

The Costco folks where this piano was at told me the first time I tried it that this piano was selling like crazy.

Personlly I would prefer a Yamaha or Roland digital stage piano (or some other pro. digital piano), with a nice piano amp with multi mix channels , a nice hard shell case, and a nice sturdy stand. I would prefer to have a "workhorse" stage piano that I can use for my own needs (gigs, composing, recording, and just having fun).

Costco does have a return policy; be sure to read it carefully though just to be aware of their limits nowadays.

Just my own opinion based on my two recent experiences with this "home digital piano".

#678704 - 12/15/05 03:59 AM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Meredith A Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Hello,

my impressions of the GP-3 are: action too light, entire thing shakes when played fast, keys broken at Costco. I wouldn't count on this item lasting too long. For $2000 you can get a time-tested Yamaha Clavinova, perhaps you can find last year's model closeouts or this year's lower end ones. I thought the Suzuki acoustic uprights were okay, however the touch was a bit too heavy.

#678705 - 12/15/05 03:45 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Gyro Offline
4000 Post Club Member

You need to take some of these evaluations
of the GP-3 with a grain of salt. First, there
appear to be people with ties to Yamaha
on this forum, who are not making that clear
in their signature, as required by forum
rules. Second, from the conflicting details
in the evaluations, I suspect people are bashing
the instrument without really playing it,
or playing it without the experience of
owning a digital or without the objectivity
about them to make a meaningful judgement
about it.

#678706 - 12/15/05 04:06 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Paul Y Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Gyro,

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if you scroll through the input that was requested by ClaraSchumann, you will see that Wolfindmist, MeredithA, SoldBear, Pedron & Mati (plus myself) have all given the same basic input. So, for you to suggest that she disregard the comments here (despite brand afilliation) could a little misleading to her.

Basically, we have all suggested that although the price is attractive (as might be the cabinet), she probably would not be satisfied musically. An, after all, it is a "piano" touch and tone that she is after. I believe that the suggestions were that she might do better if she looked at a few different brands before deciding on the Suzuki.

Yes, I sell Yamaha in my store. But there are other very fine digital pianos (Kawai, Roland, Korg, etc) that would be a better option in our opinion than Suzuki. I was merely pointing out that in the digital piano arena, this brand has not enjoyed the success that most of the others have had.

By the way, I had all the brands listed at one point. But the owners of my company requested that I refrain from "advertising" (what we market) here on Piano World. However, those who have read my posts this year all know my afilliation. I have nothing to hide.

Paul

#678707 - 12/15/05 04:46 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
soldbear Offline

Gyro said, "...from the conflicting details in the evaluations,...."

I reread the posts and did not see any conficting detail. All[/b] the post are from, "I don't know" to "You should try other brands" to "Don't buy it."

Conficting, IMHO, is like one person saying, "It's a piece of &^%$" and another saying, "It's highly recommended."

What am I missing?

#678708 - 12/15/05 04:57 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Paul Y Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thank you soldbear! I thought I was missing something as well!

I think Gyro is a little "testy" because I'm a salesman who offers Yamaha Clavinova in our locations. I guess he thinks I'm biased when I am actually trying to convince ClaraSchumann to at least consider something other than the digital her student is considering.

Paul

#678709 - 12/15/05 05:01 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Gyro Offline
4000 Post Club Member

One person said the action was "too soft," but
on the other hand this might be "the ideal
action" for a girl. One said that other
than the grand piano case it was "not so
terrific" as an instrument--another said
it "sounds OK." Someone said it was "selling
fast."

#678710 - 12/15/05 05:10 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
soldbear Offline

Gyro,

One advice for you: learn how to read and don't take things out of context.

One person said the action was "too soft," but on the other hand this might be "the ideal action" for a girl.

This is the same person (pedron). He/she did not even conficting him/herself, "Compared to the Yamaha and Roland i think the action is too soft (which might be what you'd probably want for little girls' fingers)."

One said that other than the grand piano case it was "not so terrific" as an instrument--another said it "sounds OK."

From Paul Y, "a not-so terrific musical instrument..."

From soldbear, "It sounds OK I guess (can't test much amid the noise of a Costco store)."

Someone said it was "selling fast."

From Wolfindmist (who did not recommend the Suzuki), "The Costco folks where this piano was at told me the first time I tried it that this piano was selling like crazy."

Now, please tell me where the conficting details are.

Edit to add:[/b]

I reread the thread and found one conficting detail: Paul Y said, "we have all suggested that although the price is attractive (as might be the cabinet)..." I personally think the cabinet finish is horrible. The body of the piano looks like being formed from a piece of plastic. It does not have the polished or satin look and feel of a piano. This matches my description of the piano construction as "flimsy." BTW, my other hobby is woodworking (even more serious than playing guitar and piano) so I know a thing or two about wood finishes.

#678711 - 12/15/05 05:29 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Paul Y Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Not to beat a dead horse....but the only really positive spin on this instrument was the salesperson at Costco who said "they're selling like crazy" (what else do we expect he/she to say?).

Regarding the touch, it is all a personal experience and is judged by what one is used to. Thus the varying reports.

The piano teacher is only concerned about "piano touch". Therefore, there is much more to consider if this is the main criteria.

Finally, re-read the "wolfindmist" post above where he/she experienced a deteriorated instrument (and not working any longer) the second time it was looked-at. If a $2000 digital cannot last a few weeks on the sales floor, what's the life expectancy in the home?

#678712 - 12/16/05 01:37 AM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Meredith A Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I have no affiliation with Yamaha, nor do I wish to own one. I owned a Clavinova about 15 years ago, but upgraded to a Kawai digital 12 years ago because of the superior sound and keyboard on the Kawai. I got serious about piano recently and now I have a Weinbach acoustic upright - rarely play the Kawai anymore. I was just giving a plain evaluation of the Suzuki, plus an example of an alternative that in my opinion is a better value, with better quality than the Suzuki. There are various brands of digitals, and in my opinion the Yamahas and the Kawais seem to be better built than the Suzukis that I've played in the last 6 months.

What's a forum for if we can't express our opinion, especially when solicited by a user?

#678713 - 12/17/05 01:53 AM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
geek in the pink Offline

Loc: New Jersey
**post deleted by user**

#678714 - 12/18/05 12:24 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Gyro Offline
4000 Post Club Member

ClaraSchumann, you see all these folks who
are bashing the GP-3 on this thread?
I strongly suspect that none of them
have ever seen one, let alone
played one. I say this because a while
back on the Acoustic Piano Forum someone
asked about Costco's Suzuki acoustic grands
with a player system, and a whole bunch
of people, some of the same ones posting
here, immediately started posting all kinds
of derogatory things about it. But then
someone who really owned one got on and
said what a fine instrument it was, and then
all these folks fell strangely silent after
that.

Really, one marvels at the inventiveness
these people show in composing these
fictions about the GP-3. I'll bet they
never showed a fraction this kind of
enterprise in any other creative endeavor
in their lives. I'm especially
impressed by those Costco shoppers who
go on an on about how the GP-3 was "too
cheap" for their tastes.

#678715 - 12/18/05 01:13 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Paul Y Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Gyro,

With all due respect, there are many, many knowledgable posters here on PW that do indeed know a great deal about the subjects of which we speak! Personally, I have been in the music business since 1978, I have been in the wholesale end of the business for 25 years and back in retail piano sales since 2002. I have a lot of knowledge about many brands of acoustic pianos and digital instruments available today. So, once again, I'll explain the Suzuki scenario.

Suzuki has a wonderful reputation in the music education arena! Their programs have been in place for years! But this alone does not make the brand name "Suzuki" anything to write home about! They (Suzuki) are relying on a Chinese piano builder that has the right to their name to build decent (hopefully) acoustic pianos. They are being built by Dongbei Piano Company, one of many huge piano-building facilities in China.

So, to compare Suzuki in an arena where all the great names in musical instrument production reside, is unfair. Suzuki is NOT a "fine instrument" as you so noted above.

Our "silence" is a result of us "beating a dead horse"! We all shared our views on the Suzuki product, which were pretty much all the same (poor)! So, there is little left to say on the matter.

Regarding the GP-3, it's an inexpensive, entry-level digital grand piano. How is it that Suzuki can offer a $2000 grand piano-style polished ebony digital while the other "big guns" (Roland, Yamaha, etc) are priced at thousands more? It is because the Suzuki is a poor quality instrument and will not withstand anything other than delicate playing (remember the post about someone returning to see the instrument at Costco and it was not in working order any longer?).

So you need to move on. Everyone (except you) agrees about this subject and we should just let it die.

Paul

#678716 - 12/19/05 12:59 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
ClaraSchumann Offline

Thanks to everyone for their responses to my original question. I appreciate the candid nature of this forum. The mom has decided to wait for another year before making any decision.

My experience playing other Suzuki digitals has been similar to the majority of posters. I stress technique so much in my lessons, and after the responses, I'm confident this is not the right piano for these students.

Thanks again!

#678717 - 12/27/05 05:38 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
JBS Offline

Loc: Freiburg, Germany
Maybe a bit too late, but I would like to share my experience with Suzuki digital pianos.

Stage piano Suzuki SS-90:
Amplifier defective when delivered. Clattering keys. Digital distortions and high noise, especially noticeable on headphones. Very unnatural fading sound of a single note. Many very cheap buttons that did not sit in their exact positions (needing different pressure points in order to work).

Stage piano Suzuki SS-100:
Sound of Grand Piano (Voice #1) dull and lacking brilliance. Similar distortions and noise, on voice #19 (rock organ) the noise is almost as loud as the voice!! Has 138 Voices as compared to 30 voices of SS-90 (on a chip of the same capacity??) The same problem with the cheap buttons. And the keys are not in line with the frame.

I returned these pianos. I must confess I made a big mistake buying them online for a supposedly "attractive" price, but it turned out to be my worst online shopping experience ever! But also I cannot believe the poor quality Suzuki delivered!

So I went to a local piano dealer and compared

Yamaha P-60 (€ 729)
Casio PX-110 (€ 599)
Kawai CN-20 (€ 779)
Yamaha CLP-115 (€ 899)

and ended up taking the Yamaha CLP-115 home. Why?

- Sounded best in comparison
- Great key action, though a little heavy
- Best built-in speakers
- Three pedals like a real piano (only Kawai CN-20 has same feature in this class)
- Fit and finish

I did find some weak spots of the CLP-115, as have been described on this board, too: Overtones in the C3 area are too strong, and there are no jazz and rock organ voices...

But for this price, I know I have to buy the best compromise. For me, itīs the Yamaha CLP-115.

#678718 - 12/27/05 06:29 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Paul Y Offline
1000 Post Club Member

JBS,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We went around for weeks all sharing disparaging reports and remarks about the Suzuki (and GEM) products. While the teacher who first posted this thread reported that the parent was putting her decision off for a year, I'm sure your experience with this product will calm the nay-sayers.

Thank you.

Paul

#678719 - 12/27/05 07:15 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
soldbear Offline

No way, JBS ;\)

I strongly suspect that you have ever seen one, let alone played one. ;\) ;\) ;\) ;\)

#678720 - 12/27/05 11:01 PM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
Gyro Offline
4000 Post Club Member

JBS, do you have ties to Yamaha, like some
people on this board? I simply do not
believe anything you've said.

#678721 - 12/28/05 08:39 AM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
JBS Offline

Itīs funny how some people become suspicious when someone says something positive about Yamaha products.

No, I am not affiliated with Yamaha.

The experience I made was exactly like I have described it. I bought a Suzuki SS-90 first, had it exchanged for an SS-100, returned both and bought a Yamaha CLP-115, after comparing it to Casio and Kawai.

You can, of course, accuse me for not trying Korg and Roland.

If somebody else prefers the Casio or the Kawai over the Yamaha, thatīs fine with me. I just wanted to outline my experience.

#678722 - 12/28/05 08:40 AM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
JBS Offline

However, I cannot imagine anyone preferring a Suzuki product over anything else from what I have learnt!

#678723 - 12/28/05 09:05 AM Re: Suzuki GP-3 Mini-Grande: Advice on Touch
matthewpiano Offline

Loc: North West United Kingdom
It is so easy to 'have a go' at people because they seem to be pushing the brands with the big reputations and sales to match but, the simple fact is, Yamaha are at the top of the digital piano market for a reason - they are very good instruments with proven reliability. Even if the Suzuki had been a half-decent instrument, what would be the point in buying that over an equivalent priced Yamaha which is a better instrument, just for the sake of being different?

When I recently chose my digital piano I started out with something against Yamaha - probably for the same stupid reasons. I was intent on a Korg, Roland, GEM or Kurzweil. I tried the others and didn't like them (not to say they aren't good, they just weren't for me). Then I suddenly remembered that the digital piano circuitry I love on the Silent System I have fitted to my Schimmel acoustic is none other than pure Yamaha. I tried the P250 and was sold.

Sometimes companies are recommended so much because they are one of the best. If Yamaha digital technology wasn't one of the best Schimmel would not fit it to their pianos.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This is punny
by Tango Vic
10/19/14 11:58 PM
A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano.
by TwoSnowflakes
10/19/14 08:07 PM
Mixer for live-use
by Auver
10/19/14 06:24 PM
Question on Kawai CA65 functions
by ColinDS
10/19/14 04:30 PM
40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do?
by pinkfloydhomer
10/19/14 04:23 PM
Who's Online
101 registered (AmateurBob, angga888, accordeur, Anne'sson, Alan F, anotherscott, 29 invisible), 1308 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76591 Members
42 Forums
158373 Topics
2325541 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission