Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
151 registered (Albunea, armani, 36251, Anne'sson, Almaviva, 43 invisible), 1727 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 268 of 268 < 1 2 266 267 268
Topic Options
#2412824 - 04/22/15 12:23 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Jytte Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: presently Germany (Danish)
Stubbie, WOW, congratulations smile Now, that IS an achievement. I'm sure you'll both have many years of enjoyment with this grand.

Hope you'll post some pictures.

Edited by Jytte (04/22/15 12:24 PM)

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2412828 - 04/22/15 12:33 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Stubbie]
BrianDX Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: First Town, First State
Originally Posted By Stubbie
My AOTW is more like an achievement of my piano career, such as it is: our new piano will be delivered on Friday. It's a Yamaha C3X. I'm excited, to say the least, grin grin and also a little sick to my stomach at writing out that check...... sick

Poor Mr. Stubbie. First he says, "Have you ever thought of taking lessons?" so eventually I do. Then he says, "Have you ever thought of getting a grand?" He asked this once or twice, then gave himself a dope slap because, well, yes I had thought of it!

But he's good with the purchase. He also plays, and better than I do, so we'll both get to enjoy it for years to come. And of course many thanks to the people here at PW who have offered up their experiences and advice on all things piano. thumb

Wow! Congrats to Mrs. and Mr. Stubbie on your C3X purchase. smile

As C2X owners Mrs. and Mr. BrianDX are thrilled with our C2X. It has brought up many benefits so far to our home and music education. Please send pics when you can.
Current: Hava Nagila (TR)(AR); Minuet In G (Pezold) (OF)

#2413410 - 04/24/15 07:22 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
That is very exciting...your grand will be worth every penny. Life is short...enjoy the most piano you can.

Love to learn

#2413501 - 04/24/15 12:06 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: WiseBuff]
Stubbie Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Midwest USA
Jytte, BrianDX, WiseBluff--thanks. The piano is due to arrive this afternoon. I just went to take a photo of the empty space where the piano will go and discovered my camera has a near-dead battery (now being re-charged). Mr. Stubbie, on the other hand, has numerous cameras and will provide photo coverage. smile

Originally Posted By WiseBuff
That is very exciting...your grand will be worth every penny. Life is short...enjoy the most piano you can.

That is the argument that won the day for both of us. Neither of us are big spenders and we've always lived below our means. Occasionally you have to step back, take stock, and, yes, realize that life is short and you should enjoy the most piano you can.

#2413675 - 04/24/15 11:33 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Zerlina Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Stubbie, congratulations! Enjoy your grand piano. I bet you had a busy day getting settled with it and trying it out. =D

My Achievement of the week has been practicing every day. I haven't missed a day since I started playing two weeks ago. smile

Lots of ups and downs. Some days I feel like I'm the most hopeless person to ever sit in front of a piano and other days I feel great. Hehehe...all part of the learning journey!

I'm working through the Pathways in Artistry Book 1 by Catherine Rollin. I'm not that crazy about some of the pieces but I've been sticking with them. Usually by the time the piece begins to sound like music, I like it more than when I started. These are really simple so they're not the most beautiful pieces in the world. But I do have fun listening for the famous composers whose styles Rollin has adapted here. I've completed the first four and I'm on the fifth one, a piece inspired by Aaron Copland, which I am massacring at the moment.

I've almost learned "On a Grecian Isle" by Martha Mier. I just have to work on page two. It's very Romantic sounding and has been great fun to play.

And yesterday I started a Ragtime inspired piece that I absolutely love by Mona Rejino called "Carnival Rag." First page only; hands separately. It's harder than the other songs I've been working on but it's really not bad at all when taken apart. I can't wait to get the whole thing learned and up to speed.

#2413710 - Yesterday at 02:50 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Stubbie, that is so very exciting!!! Congratulations on your new piano! Pictures please!

Welcome Zerlona!
Sounds like you are having a great time!
As you are playing every day, why not sign up for MOYD? That is the group herein the Adult Beginner forum (ABF) where folks sign up and commit to playing every day all year.

My AOTW is some serious progress on my Tchaikovsky. Finally. I think I will be able to record it for the e-citak! I am also hoping to get the piano tuner in so I can record the acoustic instead of the digital!
Performance anxiety: make it part of your daily routine and deal with it...Cope! zrtf90

#2413830 - Yesterday at 11:52 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Stubbie Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Midwest USA
Zerlina, thanks, and welcome to AOTW. Yes, it was a busy day! But I did manage to get in a practice and it was great!

Cas, thanks. Photos coming shortly.

#2414113 - Today at 07:17 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Peter071 Offline

Loc: Nederland, Leiden
Thursday I visited my second piano party. Twelve guests played the piano (a Steinway model B). I played three dances from Mathyas Seiber. I made some small mistakes but I managed to keep playing without hesitation.
One woman (my piano teacher) played two etudes by Scriabin. And another played a waltz by Chopin. The others played simpler pieces, such as sonatines and pieces from Burgmuller Opus 100.
I met a woman who asked me to play four hands with here. That was very unexpected but very nice.
Now we need to find only suitable pieces with equal parts.

#2414130 - Today at 09:07 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Palmpirate Offline

Loc: B.C.Canada
Originally Posted By casinitaly
I am really excited! I played the "street piano" in the he train station this morning!

Played my Clementi Sonatina! Woohoo!
Wow, Good for you! I've noticed a few 'public' pianos in my travels but haven't ever 'stopped in my tracks' to play one should I ever get up courage enough!

#2414132 - Today at 09:21 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Zerlina]
Palmpirate Offline

Originally Posted By Zerlina
Stubbie, congratulations!
Lots of ups and downs. Some days I feel like I'm the most hopeless person to ever sit in front of a piano and other days I feel great. Hehehe...all part of the learning journey!
Oh do I know what you mean - just got back from a trip and feel absolutely stupid sitting down at my piano at the moment. Can't wait for a better day, which I know WILL come, the sooner the better.......

#2414133 - Today at 09:29 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Palmpirate]
Zerlina Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Originally Posted By Palmpirate
Oh do I know what you mean - just got back from a trip and feel absolutely stupid sitting down at my piano at the moment. Can't wait for a better day, which I know WILL come, the sooner the better.......

You'll get back into the groove before you know it. smile And a little vacation or trip away can refresh the brain.

#2414134 - Today at 09:37 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: BrianDX]
Palmpirate Offline

Originally Posted By BrianDX
Originally Posted By Stubbie
My AOTW is more like an achievement of my piano career, such as it is: our new piano will be delivered on Friday. It's a Yamaha C3X. I'm excited, to say the least, grin grin

Wow! Congrats to Mrs. and Mr. Stubbie on your C3X purchase. smile

As C2X owners Mrs. and Mr. BrianDX are thrilled with our C2X. n.

Lucky couples! do you play duets?

Mr Palmpirate only plays what I call 'The Tune the Donkey Died On" which is something he learned as a little person. Needless to say he doesn't play anything else but is very patient with me.
I know he doesn't really 'get it' when I spend so much time struggling - but he appreciates it in the end!

#2414136 - Today at 09:42 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Palmpirate Offline

Nearly over the jet lag, but really have to catch up on the practise lag! The RD64 was a life saver and I've at least learned the notes for Passepied. Now perhaps I can start 'playing' it. It really is quite different using headphones all the time.
E-mailed my guru so hope for a lesson next week to see if I'm on the right track.

Page 268 of 268 < 1 2 266 267 268

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fazioli Piano I wish to buy
by Eran
04/26/15 05:31 PM
Pianists with composers' whole piano works under their belts
by Svenno
04/26/15 04:19 PM
Prokofiev Concerto No. 3 under Christos Papageorgiou
by Nikolas
04/26/15 03:52 PM
Comfortable fingering in Rachmaninoff's Op.32 No.10?
by Flo S
04/26/15 03:20 PM
VISIBLE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HAMBURG & NY STEINWAYS
by MICHAEL122
04/26/15 03:08 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,054 Registered Members
44 Forums
163,563 Topics
2,399,989 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission