Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 232 of 232 < 1 2 ... 230 231 232
Topic Options
#2321700 - 08/29/14 08:22 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: CarlosCC]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Thanks Carlos, it's a bit difficult because she just this month assigned me the 'Expressive Etudes" series and I will need her assessment of course not being very familiar with classical genre.

I hope these books get more advanced as we progress through them; I admit these might help my technique but I sure don't see how it will help my reading because this book (One) is all simple pieces/notes within the staffs and simple rhythms to boot.

Nevertheless, thanks for the kind thoughts. smile

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2321705 - 08/29/14 08:36 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SwissMS]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
I have another AOTW - I finally received my ABRSM grade 5 theory exam results: 89/100, a merit! I missed distinction by one point. Still, I am very happy with the results. With that passed, I am now cleared to sit practical exams grades 6-8. I plan on sitting 5 in November, and 6 in June.

Wow, congratulations SwissMS that's quite a good achievement. Just for that I'll just pour a glass of red and toast your AOTW. grin

#2321706 - 08/29/14 08:42 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: FarmGirl]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
1) I hosted Phoenix Piano Club monthly performance! It was a good party. It started at 7:30 and ended 10:30. Many excellent performance. I swear several members (including our own Carey) can play professional. I enjoyed an endearing showmanship of an 85 year old pianist. I had 17 piano performers 1 clarinet and 7 non performing guests. It took a whole day to prepare the site (chairs placed around piano), food and beverage preparation. They liked my piano shaped cake, hehehe.

Sounds like a fun evening FarmGirl. Congrats on a successful party. smile

#2321773 - 08/30/14 12:37 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SwissMS]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: SwissMS
I have another AOTW - I finally received my ABRSM grade 5 theory exam results: 89/100, a merit! I missed distinction by one point. Still, I am very happy with the results. With that passed, I am now cleared to sit practical exams grades 6-8. I plan on sitting 5 in November, and 6 in June.

That is so awesome, SwissMS.

#2321786 - 08/30/14 02:51 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
SwissMS
You are a roll model for many of us.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2321857 - 08/30/14 11:03 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sand Tiger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Good to see so much activity and so many achievements.

BrianDX, 300 pieces in year! OMG dude. A well earned sticker
CarlosCC good to see your pixels and to hear that you are back at the bench.

Farmgirl, a big party, a new job, a plan for the future, a red letter week for you.
LarryShone, congrats on the marks at school.

SwissMS, well done on passing the exam, and a wonderful attitude towards it all too.
Every one else, good going, and keep posting.

Week 129: All my recent free play has me starting a new piece, tentative titles are Menagerie or Mirrors. Separately, I take one of my old pennywhistle tunes and try to play it on the piano. I haven't tried that before with my extensive catalog of songs that I wrote before piano. It sounds thin, and tinny. A basic arrangement muddies the melody line. I don't know if I can find an arrangement that brings out the vibrant and beautiful melody line that the song has on whistle. Thirdly, I go back to poking away at Simple Gifts, such a beautiful melody in that one.

#2321944 - 08/30/14 05:05 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: FarmGirl]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
SwissMS
You are a roll model for many of us.

Just realized that I mixed SwissMS with cinnamon roll.
Meant "role model"
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2322544 - Yesterday at 07:20 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: BrianDX]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
Originally Posted By: BrianDX
AOTW:

OK if I'm the only adult in this forum who a) gets stickers and b) really enjoys them, then I'm seriously going to hide my head in shame. frown

My kids got stickers and I always wanted them but my teacher thought adults shouldn't get them. Bummer for me but GREAT for you. When my teacher says "not too bad" that's the verbal equivalent of the sticker.

Love to learn

#2322549 - Yesterday at 08:00 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: WiseBuff]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: WiseBuff
Originally Posted By: BrianDX
AOTW:

OK if I'm the only adult in this forum who a) gets stickers and b) really enjoys them, then I'm seriously going to hide my head in shame. frown

My kids got stickers and I always wanted them but my teacher thought adults shouldn't get them. Bummer for me but GREAT for you. When my teacher says "not too bad" that's the verbal equivalent of the sticker.

My teacher is pretty similar to Wisebuff's.
I love his lessons but I confess, (blushing), I'd be thrilled with a sticker. smile

#2322712 - Yesterday at 03:21 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Stefo Offline

Loc: Italy
As a self taught beginner (been playing for about six months), I am enjoying very small things laugh .
I tried to play this piece of music about a month ago, and failed miserably. Last week, I managed to play trough the first minute (not well, but with time I'll make it).
It has been a huge boost in confidence, can't wait learn the rest (I'm going to need a looooot of time)

Edited by Stefo (Today at 04:18 AM)

Page 232 of 232 < 1 2 ... 230 231 232

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (36251, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, Alexander Borro, 49 invisible), 1464 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157249 Topics
2309608 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Aebersold Play-Alongs
by EP
Today at 06:39 PM
Plan on playing this Thursday night
by Visalia
Today at 06:16 PM
New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25)
by Northerner
Today at 04:50 PM
Kawai MP11 firmware v1.07
by DilEcosse
Today at 04:24 PM
all BBCode tags are broken
by beet31425
Today at 03:13 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission