Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 243 of 243 < 1 2 ... 241 242 243
Topic Options
#2337443 - 10/14/14 08:04 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
<3

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2337506 - 10/15/14 12:32 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Inlanding Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Colorado
After all this time on PW, I just now started looking around on this thread and I'm glad I did. Great stuff here!

Just had surgery a little over a week ago and it will take me out of the loop for a long while. There will be lots of time to check out what's been shared. Very much appreciated.

What a talent - enjoy.

Edited by Inlanding (10/15/14 03:34 AM)

A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member

#2337672 - 10/15/14 11:17 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Greetings!! It's wonderful to listen to all of these wonderful postings. It's also nice to see some newcomers. I hope everyone's having a good week.

I have a few midweek offerings for your listening enjoyment. I was blown away when I recently heard this recording of K.D. Lang's performance of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah at the Juno Awards in Winnipeg in 2005.

#2337674 - 10/15/14 11:19 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I'm not sure if Trapper John is still checking out the thread these days. This recording by Alison Krauss might generate a response from TJ wink

I'll be back this weekend with some more music. Enjoy the rest of your day smile

PS: Inlanding, I hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery!

#2337820 - 10/15/14 07:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
KeysAngler Offline

Loc: The Fabulous Florida Keys
That video of K.D.Lang also blew me away ...thank you

#2337828 - 10/15/14 08:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

........love Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, also lovin' the 'Lezzer' version, .....nice smile...gonna check out Inlandings post, I'm intrigued xxx

..........ps, can you believe I got blindo last Friday night, fell asleep (passed out) at the dining table, resting on me' arm, not been able to play piano, or owt, slowly getting better, so keeping fingers and toes crossed smirk

#2337967 - 10/16/14 10:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
TX-Bluebonnet Offline

Loc: Central Texas
Another one of my all time favorite country singers, Glenn Campbell. Sadly, this is his last song. Brought me to tears. frown

"Battling Alzheimer's disease, country star Glen Campbell has released his final song and video, "I'm Not Gonna Miss You." Recorded last year, the poignant song is a tribute to his family, and the powerful video chronicles his career, life, and recent struggles with the illness. (C) 2014 Big Machine Records, LLC."

Started my piano journey June 2014 at age 54.
My digital piano: Casio Privia PX-850.
Working on "Alfred's Adult All-In-One Course" Book 1
XXXV

#2338556 - 10/17/14 10:41 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Nice mix this week. Gomer brought a quick smile and nice to hear this recording from Glen Campbell. All really great.

Nice to see you posting more recently, Glen (Inlanding.) Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope to see you in a recital coming soon.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend.

#2338943 - 10/19/14 02:08 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Greener]
KeysAngler Offline

Loc: The Fabulous Florida Keys
How about some Afro-Cuban Funk from Sunny South Florida?

#2338955 - 10/19/14 03:53 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
just love a bit of funk every now and again

#2339018 - 10/19/14 09:11 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
Hi, folks!

Flying visit, I'm afraid. Actually, non-flying visit - I'm between flights right now - I've been away dealing with work issues and expect to be away for most of the coming week, too.

I've been in Amsterdam but not even time to visit Rijksmuseum! I hate getting so close and not getting in!

#2339147 - 10/19/14 03:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Greetings everyone! There has been a lot of good music postings here. I'm trying to catch up on a few that I'm unable to listen to on my mobile device.

I am going to be very busy this week getting ready to perform a couple of pieces in a student recital next Sunday. I doubt I'll have any time for additional postings until my recital is done.

In the meantime, here is today's contribution. Have a great week!

Vivaldi - Concerto for Sopranino Recorder in C Major RV443

#2339388 - 10/20/14 08:04 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
fizikisto Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Hernando, MS
Here's something a little different. Some centuries ago, Leonardo Da Vinci designed a new kind of keyboard instrument. But unlike a piano which strikes the strings with hammers, or a harpsichord which plucks them with a plectrum, his idea was a mechanism where the keys would press spinning disks to the strings that would bow them like a violin. As far as we know, he never actually build one of his instruments, and the design was a curiosity tucked away in one of his notebooks. Until a few years ago a polish engineer who happened to be an excellent pianist took the designs and built one. This is the debut performance of the instrument:

#2339625 - 10/20/14 08:33 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Well wishes to you Inlanding x.......Break a leg Griffin wink x ...fizikisto, that's amazing, love it <3 One more from me, night guys xxx

#2339630 - 10/20/14 08:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
Inlanding Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thank you, Wayne!

A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member

#2341210 - 10/24/14 11:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
fizikisto Offline
500 Post Club Member

Many moons ago there was a pretty hard core heavy metal band called Savatage that made some pretty awesome heavy metal music. But they never got any radio play, got tired of being poor, and went on to develop a project you might have heard of, the Trans Siberian Orchestra (they do a lot of theatrical christmas themed shows). Oh well, I like being able to eat and pay my bills too....but I do miss the old band. On youtube I found that apparently they did an acoustic album of some of their better songs....I never knew that, and listening to the tracks it's absolutely fantastic.

Here are a couple of the tracks.
Not what you see:

and one that's a bit harder edged, showing more of their heavy metal roots. Handful of Rain:

#2341652 - 10/26/14 01:54 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
fizikisto Offline
500 Post Club Member

O.k, one more, holy cow! This is just so full of win! Absolutely awesome!

#2342699 - Yesterday at 01:53 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Greener]
Inlanding Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Greener - this one's for you! Great to see you and thank you for your kind words, Jeff. Look forward to hearing you in the next e-cital!

More of his music - astonishing!
The Duke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmlY97j48ks
Jolly Swagman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-YNQoHyftY
Strutting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOlk35SK6po

A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member

Page 243 of 243 < 1 2 ... 241 242 243

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sax to piano
by JazzMD
Today at 11:06 AM
Still having problems with my Kawai ES7
by musicman100
Today at 10:46 AM
ABF Recital FAQ and Guidelines
by wimpiano
Today at 10:03 AM
Did Bach’s wife write his finest works?
by CarlosCC
Today at 09:24 AM
Szanto Bach Prelude Fugue A minor
by bkthugs10214
Today at 09:13 AM
Who's Online
135 registered (Alan_Dublin, ajames, anamnesis, 34 invisible), 1652 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76702 Members
42 Forums
158617 Topics
2329567 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission