Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#2069290 - 04/23/13 11:46 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: JFP]
AtlantisHero Offline

Hey JFP, hello smile

No, not tried in person yet. But like with real and proper digital pianos, I always prefer the pedals get fixed somewhere! Yes, at first, the pedal set seems to be very at front, but if you play the piano properly, you will get used to it and when you do not have it, you will feel strange. Like wearing seatbelt wink

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Click Here

#2069292 - 04/23/13 11:47 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: maurus]
AtlantisHero Offline

I will have to try it in person when I get chance to do so...

#2069568 - 04/23/13 08:37 PM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: AtlantisHero]
gvfarns Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: AtlantisHero
We are talking about replicating the real piano so I think the pedals should look more sturdy.

Digital piano pedals (the ones not built into a console model) are always able to move around. It's not a big deal generally, but it can require a little thought if it's an issue. I'm pretty sure the F-20 doesn't move around more than other pedals. Quite the opposite, actually. It's relatively large, heavy, and sturdy. My guess is that your friend's floor is quite problematic for pedals.

I can't agree with your other comments, unfortunately. Under the foot the F-20 feels pretty much like an acoustic pedal. Certainly as much as any other digital pedal I've tried. I don't think it's lower. The pedals look to me pretty much like those on acoustics. I guess I don't see what's to complain about in the F-20 besides there being only two pedals (which the F-30 changes). It's a fine set of pedals...I don't think there are others that are better. Maybe on the avantgrand...

Even if the pedal was very different from an acoustic, I wouldn't see the big deal. There are differences between different pianos (both acoustics and digitals) and the pedal height and resistance is one of them. But people don't usually complain about it because it takes like 1 second to adjust to and then you don't notice it. Differences in the keys are a much bigger problem, especially when going from one acoustic to another.

The only complaint I've ever had with a digital piano pedal (besides the models that are just on/off with no in between) is that some models are very narrow and can tip over or turn to the side while you are playing. The nice thing about the F-20 and similar models is that this doesn't happen.

Edited by gvfarns (04/23/13 08:51 PM)

#2069578 - 04/23/13 08:57 PM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: AtlantisHero]
Kawai James Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Hello AtlantisHero,

Hello James, let me tell you one thing firstly, you are great smile

Thank you. wink

I have never seen a company presentative who is in love chatting and sharing their opinions with the customer... Well done!

Thanks again. I enjoy participating on this forum largely because I'm a fan of digital pianos. I'm also reasonably knowledgeable about Kawai instruments and those of other manufacturers, so it makes sense to contribute where I can.

One of my friends has Kawai MP10 and his F20 pedal set is dancing on the hard floor. I have not seen VPC-1 and F30 pedal set yet but as far as I can see the construction of it very similar with F20. It may not move as much as F20 but I am sure it has a tendency to do so...

Yes, the F-30 design is very similar to that of the F-20. I actually use an F-20 at home, and it does slide around a little on the mock-wood vinyl flooring, although no dancing unfortunately.

However, the same is true of the expression and switch pedals that are placed either side of it (incidentally, great idea for a new topic: Show us your pedal configuration...). Fortunately, the instruments these pedals are connected to are placed against the wall, so there's not a great deal of movement. If it was a real concern, I'd probably purchase a pack of non-slip rubber pads from the 100 yen store and attach them to the underside.

Cheers,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#2069673 - 04/23/13 11:42 PM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: theJourney]
Kromen Offline

Loc: Mexico
I think that the VPC1 + the ES7 Designer Stand + ES7 Triple Pedal Lyre will make the MOST HANDSOME
Digitalpiano / controller ever ;D

Regards,
Oscar

#2070469 - 04/25/13 07:35 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: Kromen]
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Kromen
I think that the VPC1 + the ES7 Designer Stand + ES7 Triple Pedal Lyre will make the MOST HANDSOME
Digitalpiano / controller ever ;D

Regards,
Oscar

Something like this (sorry - just a quick/ rough mockup)

#2070472 - 04/25/13 07:48 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: JFP]
AtlantisHero Offline

It looks like a front cut acustic piano, though :P

Edited by AtlantisHero (04/25/13 07:48 AM)

#2070473 - 04/25/13 07:53 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: gvfarns]
AtlantisHero Offline

Hello gvfarns, you are right, the pedal itself ( F20 ) is not bad actually, and dancing issue may be encountered with all type of stage piano pedals unless they are fixed somewhere... I think this is one of the reasons why people buy the furnitured piano models or sth like ES7 with stand...

#2070478 - 04/25/13 08:01 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: Kawai James]
AtlantisHero Offline

James, I am quite impressed with Kawai MP10 and I believe that any instrument should have some sounds in it for their soul. That's why I was going to wait for new MP series. However, I have recently encountered with StudioLogic Numa Concert piano and tell you what, I have never felt such eery while listening a digital piano like that one. I am already fall in love with Fazioli AP ( I am a proud owner of a Gem Promega3 ) and while listening it, I could feel like hearing all vital vibrations supposed to come from an AP smile
I am planing to buy it AND IT EVEN DOES NOT HAVE A TRIPLE PEDAL SET AS AN OPTION... WEIRD!

#2070482 - 04/25/13 08:11 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: AtlantisHero]
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
James, I am quite impressed with Kawai MP10 and I believe that any instrument should have some sounds in it for their soul. That's why I was going to wait for new MP series. However, I have recently encountered with StudioLogic Numa Concert piano and tell you what, I have never felt such eery while listening a digital piano like that one. I am already fall in love with Fazioli AP ( I am a proud owner of a Gem Promega3 ) and while listening it, I could feel like hearing all vital vibrations supposed to come from an AP smile
I am planing to buy it AND IT EVEN DOES NOT HAVE A TRIPLE PEDAL SET AS AN OPTION... WEIRD!

What about the touch of the Numa , especially in comparison with VPC / MP10 ??

#2070554 - 04/25/13 10:40 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: JFP]
AtlantisHero Offline

JFP,
I have no idea about VPC1, but it should be nearly identical with MP10. I really like MP10 touch behaviour and for me it is better than Roland 700NX... So you can realise what kind of touch I am interested in. Numa touch is closer to MP10 to me comparing with 700NX and much better than Promega3 ( I think Nord Piano has a similar action ). Wood gives a kind of quality to Numa touch, it is certainly not better than Kawai but not far behind...

Edited by AtlantisHero (04/25/13 10:42 AM)

#2070566 - 04/25/13 11:02 AM Re: Solution for Music Desk on Kawai VPC-1 [Re: theJourney]
Allan W. Offline

Loc: Michigan
Here's my solution for my MP-10, which I've posted earlier. It's just a piece of cardboard, but it works well for holding up sheets of paper. For books the original stand is OK.

http://imgur.com/a/KENlS

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
106 registered (A Guy, anotherscott, AZNpiano, Augustina, ando, 37 invisible), 1043 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76011 Members
42 Forums
157170 Topics
2308381 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
ES7 - Gig Bag or Hard Case
by gbitw
08/30/14 11:07 PM
special gloves to reinforce good hand position
by Will1
08/30/14 09:10 PM
Frederick Historical Concert Season - Fall 2014
by Terrytunes
08/30/14 08:44 PM
Stravinsky - Valse pour les enfants
by Peter071
08/30/14 06:05 PM
Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch.
by TwoSnowflakes
08/30/14 05:24 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission