Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
106 registered (Anita Potter, ando, 36251, Auver, 31 invisible), 1305 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2057881 - 04/01/13 04:05 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: Louis Podesta]
Mark_C Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Louis Podesta
Yo! Before I get started, has it ever dawned on the good Doctor what kind of impression this kind of infantile claptrap makes on a new member?

Leaving aside your characterizations ha ....she's not a new member (which you would have known if you read all the posts). Indeed it makes a big difference when someone is a new member.

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#2057912 - 04/01/13 05:02 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: eylulesme]
eylulesme Offline

Loc: Turkey
Moderators, please delete my membership

#2057915 - 04/01/13 05:05 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: eylulesme]
Louis Podesta Offline
500 Post Club Member

Mark C:

I was not referring to her being a new member. What I was referring is all of this business about getting off point, which should be what views do the rest of the members have about this piece.

And, I am a 61 year old classical pianist/philosopher that spends a good four to five hours every day at my craft.

This particular concerto is considered DMA repertoire for a reason. It has whimsy, sparkle, rhythmic compexities and the like, which all make it a great piece, in my opinon. None of which are at play in this recording.

#2057920 - 04/01/13 05:10 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: eylulesme]
Tim Adrianson Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Overall, quite an accomplishment, Eylul! Must be great to be able to play with what I thought was quite a good orchestra. What I liked best were the sparkling musical gestures, and generally I thought you handled the ensemble parts with aplomb and confidence. A few comments:

1 I thought you tended to be somewhat too aggressive in the solo sections -- I was bothered by it somewhat in the first movement; more so in the second movement. I believe the solo material would be enhanced if you stated it less forcefully.

2 In general, I think your pianistic technique is too Romantic for this concerto. As I mentioned, it was very musical; but stylistically it needs to be "notier", with somewhat less pedal. Since you clearly have the "chops" (technical ability) to aspire to that, I would definitely consider that -- in the first and third movements, it would add to the sparkle, and in the slow movement, it would actually enhance the poignancy and sadness, because it would sound more "stark".

But overall, a real pleasure to listen to, and thanks for sharing this!

#2057929 - 04/01/13 05:16 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: Louis Podesta]
eylulesme Offline

Thank you;
Dr. Jekyll ve Mr. Hyde, you two are the same person ha wow yippie funny smile
I can prove it

#2057931 - 04/01/13 05:17 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: eylulesme]
eylulesme Offline

Originally Posted By: eylulesme
Thank you;
I can prove it

Mr. Mark C & Louis Podesta

Edited by eylulesme (04/01/13 05:27 PM)

#2058045 - 04/01/13 09:24 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: Louis Podesta]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there
Originally Posted By: Louis Podesta

Just like I usually do, I will refer you to a recording which is Horowitz's documentary recording of this with Giulini and the LA Philharmonic. The difference is startling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vttZzUPg3A

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but Vladdie's Mozart leaves much to be desired. If you're looking for a model (which I don't recommend) listen to Perahia, de Larrocha, Uchida, or Schiff.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#2058050 - 04/01/13 09:41 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: stores]
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: stores

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but Vladdie's Mozart leaves much to be desired. If you're looking for a model (which I don't recommend) listen to Perahia, de Larrocha, Uchida, or Schiff.

You mean Mu, Ally, Mitsy, and Andy?

#2058149 - 04/02/13 04:29 AM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: Damon]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there
Originally Posted By: Damon
Originally Posted By: stores

You mean Mu, Ally, Mitsy, and Andy?

Sure, if that's how you think of them.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#2058310 - 04/02/13 01:24 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: eylulesme]
Hakki Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thank you;
I can prove it

shocked shocked shocked

http://www.youtube.com/user/hakkithepianist

#2058741 - 04/03/13 01:50 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: eylulesme]
Old Man Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Thank you;
I can prove it

ha I would love to see your proof. smile The "good doctor" and Mr. Podesta have quite a stormy history, so your theory is certainly intriguing. Unfortunately for your theory, however, there is video available of both men, and I seriously doubt you would confuse the two.

Moderators, please delete my membership

Eylulesme, please don't. You are a wonderfully talented musician, and many on this forum are professional teachers and performers with years of experience and much to offer you. Yes, some are gracious and some are grumpy, but grumpy or gracious, they are more than willing to take time to share their insights with you. Simply focus on what they say, and not how they say it. Best of luck to you. smile

#2058746 - 04/03/13 02:03 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: Old Man]
Mark_C Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Old Man
Eylulesme, please don't.

+1

Eylul: I never meant anything like what you probably thought. I intended my first post only to suggest that you ALSO post this in that other section, and (yes!) to urge you to put any future videos there. You misinterpreted it as meaning that I was suggesting that you "move" it, I didn't understand some of what you said and tried to be humorous about it, one thing led to another, and the whole thing got out of hand. I join everyone else in hoping that you will stay.

#2058749 - 04/03/13 02:07 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: eylulesme]
LarryShone Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Darlington, UK
Can we just discuss music for crying out loud! Lovely piece, well played, dont feel forced to leave eylulesme!

Yamaha PSR225-I NEED A PIANO wink

#2058849 - 04/03/13 05:59 PM Re: Mozart Piano Concerto No.23 / a gift for pianoworld [Re: Mark_C]
Old Man Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark_C
Originally Posted By: Old Man
Eylulesme, please don't.

+1

Eylul: I never meant anything like what you probably thought. I intended my first post only to suggest that you ALSO post this in that other section, and (yes!) to urge you to put any future videos there. You misinterpreted it as meaning that I was suggesting that you "move" it, I didn't understand some of what you said and tried to be humorous about it, one thing led to another, and the whole thing got out of hand. I join everyone else in hoping that you will stay.

BTW, Mark, I did not have you in mind when I used the word "grumpy". Finicky, yes. Grumpy, no. grin

Hmmm.. but there is that "other guy" from your area . . . laugh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
You Usually Get what you Pay for in this World.......
by Paul678
11/27/14 08:22 PM
Steinway legs?
by Klavimaniac
11/27/14 06:58 PM
1875 legs and lyre where to get?
by Klavimaniac
11/27/14 06:02 PM
"It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't...
by prout
11/27/14 04:43 PM
Yamaha CP33?
by Possum SP280Krome
11/27/14 04:16 PM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159407 Topics
2341635 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission