Originally Posted by bigun
RE the Yamaha C - it's a quality piano. It'll be interesting to see if you like the sound or not. My advise is simply don't write it off a list because of someone else's description of the sound. Sound is hard enough to describe in words, and even harder when you mix in everyone's opinion.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Also, don't forget that each person has their own unique hearing acuity; Then add to that fact our hearing keeps changing over time as we age.

IMHO taking someone else's description of how a particular piano or piano brand "sounds" (as it relates to how it might sound to me) is pretty useless.

P.S. Let me just state my position clearly (albeit based less than one year of piano-buying experience) and I'll let the experts take over again. I would never spend any amount of serious coin on a piano (new, rebuild, etc.) that I have not personally played, ever. If that piano was older, I'll add that a RPT clean bill of health would be mandatory.

Last edited by BrianDX; 08/29/14 07:56 AM.

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)