Originally Posted by ando
Originally Posted by joflah
Originally Posted by joflah
Responding to requests for more info and pix, I'll be glad to provide that, but I want to get the new part and verify that it works before I do. It probably won't be more than a few days.

I got the pots today, and they were completely wrong for the purpose. They were categorized as 'linear' by Digi-Key, but they have a detent notch in the middle of travel, and, from each side they show full resistance for half the rotation, and a log response for the other half. So, they're channel balance pots, and not very well made, as you'd expect for a control that only gets used a few times in its life.
I'm going to search for a more suitable replacement, but it could be a while. Meanwhile, I'll continue using an on-off pedal jumpered in.
Sorry.

That's disappointing, but in the meantime, have you considered just disassembling the original pot and giving it a good cleanout?

Yes, I have had it apart, and its fingers are all mangled. Meanwhile, I've ordered another pot, this time for $13, rated at 2 million cyles. I'm hoping I can get that to fit and work, and will report on it if I can. The only problem is that 20kohm isn't available, only 10k, so maybe I can get hold of that calibration program and make it work.

Jack