Hiya fellas.
We have just got a 1989 Yamaha MX100A for our work in the restaurant.

My local tuner gave me a 1.44MB HDD floppy disk with some tunes on it. What is confusing me is, I own a Yamaha G2B Disklavier, same year 1989 with the wagon Disklavier model PPG-10R so this is definitely a Japanese market model (the markings on the controls are in Japanese so I have to read the book to work out what they say though the symbols are explanetry enough LOL).

I have an official The Sound of Music floppy by Minor Kitano distruibuted by JASNAC records and it plays fine in my piano but not in the MX100A, says "un-formatted disk".

I always thought both units only read E-SEQ files I can't imagine the Sound of Music disk is recorded in or my wagon reads SMF files unless it was upgraded at some point before I bought it.

The fact my tuner gave me a 1.44MB disk is confusing why the MX100A would play these unless the files are E-SEQ and my Sound of Music disk is SMF files, either that or I've frazzled my disk by playing around with the shutter (yes I know your not supposed to fiddle with magnetic floppies but I have I'm a bad boy).

One last thing how is it dealers over there in the USA (I live in Scotland) know about the Yamaha HQ100/300 uprights that were sold in Japan (you almost never see a U3 Disklavier over here in Britain, or so I'm told by a fairly knowledgeable Disklavier dealer, in the USA).

There must have been higher-specification models in Japan as there have been models like the MX100R that came out before the US launch in1987 as the Yamaha DEN website says they came out in 87. How do you guys find this stuff out, do you get stuff from Yamaha in Japan or do you just know from being in the biz that long? I can't read Japanese so doing any sort of Japanese searching of the marketplace even with translation is difficult.
If anybody can clue us in here and give me idea as to why the Sound of Music won't play that'd be much appreciated I know alot of you on here are wuite knowledgeable folk, I have manuals for most of the Disklavier models but I'd like to ask around too.
Once I get the Serial Number of the MX100A I'll post it on here but my G2 is B 4830378 so it's either a 1989 or a 1990 model.
Cheers

Sam The Bam