Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
89 registered (AndrewJCW, accordeur, AmandaH, ando, 20 invisible), 1096 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Page 27 of 27 < 1 2 25 26 27
Topic Options
#2408648 - 04/09/15 08:59 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Kate56 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hi. My name is Kate56 or Gulliverh50,

I too found the site by accident. I lost two art case grand piano's to a drunk driver in a move. One M&H and a Hamburg Steinway, Toothpicks are all that are left. I came across the site while searching for a new piano.

I have retired from critical care nursing. I have played piano since I was 5, I also play violin, and cello.

But, I reallly need a new piano. I sleep really poorly and i like to practice at night. I moved to a Victorian home that has a huge parlour and dining room. All set for recitals. And no piano's.

I love to listen to music in my mind. My favorites are Chopin Ballades and Polonaises and Everything Rachmoninoff.

Looking over it all, this is when a single malt Islay Scotch helps alot. Kate.

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#2414340 - 04/26/15 09:47 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kate56]
pianopersun Offline

Loc: Eureka, CA
Found this site by dumb luck too. Just happened to be googling. I'm only a few years into my piano journey so I look forward to learning as much as possible. Currently using a Yamaha Arius Digital Piano.

#2422314 - 05/19/15 06:33 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Cue Zephyr Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Howdy folks from Ezyo, I'm in The Netherlands.

Took drum lessons since age 9 up to about 16, dabbled in electronic music production since about age 12, picked up the guitar at 14, picked up the guitar again (and never put it down) at 17, got a mandolin at age 19, got a banjo at age 22 (last year) and looking for a digital piano right now. If things were only slightly different the past week or two, I might have been looking at dobros or double basses instead.

I love music (duh! :P) and find much joy in learning different instruments, trying to incorporate concepts from one instrument to the next and finding and using their strengths (or weaknesses, is sometimes very interesting) in my own slightly experimental music.

Right now, i'm stoked to get my first digital piano and start learning like I've wanted to for many years!

#2428445 - 06/03/15 07:46 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Ese150 Offline

Loc: Hartford, CT
Hey there!
The name's Luis Rosales smile.

I've been lurking around the internet in search of forums where I can share out and improve on my piano music, and it seems like I found it. I'm a self taught (had a teacher for a few hours) pianist, on and off, since I was 8 years old and today I'm looking to improve myself a lot more! I am currently 20 and looking to improve my hearing, and look up some fingering techniques that can help me do arpeggios easier. I'm very happy to be here and share my creations with all of you, I hope you all enjoy them!

I normally post my piano music on YouTube so be sure to visit me!

#2430156 - 06/09/15 06:18 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
lmpianowolf Offline

Loc: Binghamton NY, USA
I've been a longtime member but infrequent poster over at PianoStreet under the name lmpianist, so I thought it was finally time to set up an account here.

I've been playing on and off for about 25 years, sometimes with a teacher, sometimes not (currently not). To pay the bills I'm an engineer with an office job. I also ride horses and shoot archery.

I play mostly Classical & Romantic pieces. Most teachers would probably say that I'm not very well diversified when it comes to repertoire, but I don't care, I play what I like. Beethoven and Chopin are my two longtime favorites to play. I'm also very into Wagner Opera.

I have some recordings posted here: https://soundcloud.com/pianowolf

I'm stuck with a Yahama digital piano for now (CLP 110), but I would like to own a Steinway Model A sometime down the road, probably after I complete a tentatively planned move to North Carolina within the next couple years.

#2433563 - 06/19/15 05:12 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Saundra Offline

Saundra McLeod, new member. Thank you for the invite!

Writing from the Lone Star State of TEXAS! I play by ear, no lessons what so ever. I enjoy feeling each note mentally versus memorizing sheet music in which it becomes a "task" instead of an option.

Whats the best place to find out information regarding old Piano's? Info on the age, value, manufacture, etc...? I have an old upright carried down in the family. I have no idea of it's age and can't seem to find much on the internet about the manufacturer, Heyser. Any ideas?

Edited by Saundra (06/19/15 05:16 PM)

#2435431 - 06/25/15 11:55 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
MusicEasel Offline

Hi all,

Found PW through Googling for info about electronic pianos vs. Yammie's Silent Piano.

My name's Bert, and I'm a Dutchman living in Norway.

Started playing organs (electronic, harmonium and pipe organ) at age 8 and eventually became a classical organ player and composer before giving up a career in music for family reasons, and now, exactly 50 years after I started, I'm a mere shadow of the musician I once was.

I'm here to learn both about the piano models to go for and about which pieces to play. Haven't found a forum or thread about the latter yet, but can't imagine the subject isn't discussed.

Of course, if there is something I can contribute to the forum, then I will. I just don't have high hopes for it.

Style-wise, I've always loved classical from medieval music to Xenakis and minimal music, but the event of prog rock meant I eventually widened my scope to include both rock and jazz, and these days, I'll listen to any music that contains at least something that I like about it. I don't count chords anymore. :-)

As to my piano playing, piano was always my subject no. 2 in music college, but already then, I was severely lacking in prowess. I'll never be a good pianist, but I do want to enjoy playing simple pieces.

best,
bert

#2443453 - 07/21/15 06:21 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Justice Post Offline

Hi!
I just joined Piano World forums yesterday.
I've come across it a few times before because it comes up in google search results sometimes when looking up related topics, and I decided to finally join in.
I'm currently a college student majoring in music performance but I am also currently training to be a piano technician!

#2446627 - 08/01/15 08:26 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Justice Post]
PianoAndrew Offline

Loc: Louisiana
Hello,

My name is Andrew. I've been playing piano for about a dozen years; I'm 28 currently and plan on going to graduate school for music in the next few years. I hope to learn some new things here, as well as listen to some fantastic pieces. Composition is something I've wanted to dip my toes in.

Thanks,
Andrew

Page 27 of 27 < 1 2 25 26 27

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
Back to School Music SALE!
Save 10% in our online store
Just enter SAVE10 in the coupon box during checkout. *
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
* Sale does not apply to advertising, how old requests, or any non-tangible items. Can not be combined with any other promotions. Ends August 31, 2015
(ad) Teaching Children Music
Teaching Music to Children
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I just leveled-up
by PDizz
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Interval reading
by My Bucket List
Yesterday at 10:14 PM
Double-striking keys on Petrof II grand
by doctor S
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Fixing Ivory Keys (more like chiseling them down)
by AmandaH
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
Suggestions for book of classic film music?
by shamuball
Yesterday at 06:52 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
80,543 Registered Members
44 Forums
166,464 Topics
2,439,751 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission