Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
155 registered (8ude, agraffe, acortot, ajames, accordeur, 36251, 43 invisible), 1693 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 108 of 108 < 1 2 106 107 108
Topic Options
#2508810 - 02/09/16 03:15 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Mark...]
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
I added "Theme From the Overture" back in, and it is coming along great! - and yet, I still don't have "Guantanamera" anywhere near perfect, I have one spot that I keep messing up, even though I drill it slowly and almost always accurately several times in a row before moving on. "Theme..." was much easier - no dynamics constantly changing, no pedal, and no moving up an octave.

Today I started "Minuet in F Major" from the gmajortheory.com site. Next, maybe one of the pieces from the Pop Songbook or Greatest Hits 1, before moving on to "Light and Blue". I remember having a hard time with "Light and Blue" before I stopped playing out of Book 2 a few years ago. I'm hoping it won't be as difficult the second time around.

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE
Faber Adult Piano Adventures Bk. 1 Graduate

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2508833 - 02/09/16 04:14 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Utkonos]
blackjack1777 Offline

Loc: California
Ok I'm back! My lesson was delayed a few days so I didn't have any updates to post until now.

Utkonos congrats on your first lesson! Hungarian Rhapsody was a fun piece I really enjoyed playing it as it speeds up towards the end of the song.

JohnnyD I'm sorry for the late response, you probably already figured it out but I think the fingers get changed so you can keep the notes connected and play through it in legato fashion. Let me know if that helps.

BSW glad to see your update here. It sounds like your teacher is really great. How is your memorization coming for the piece you mentioned in your last post?

MeganR the last few pieces in Alfred's 1 are the best in the whole book. Laura especially is amazing. I also really enjoyed Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, it has a lot more interesting dynamics and little details than I expected. I also like Chattanooga Choo Choo smile

mom3gram congrats on your good progress. I can lend you some morale support on Guantanamera. It took me a total of 5 weeks before my teacher passed me. Honestly it was the most difficult piece I've encountered in the second book. I think it was even harder than La Bamba now that I think about it. You will get there. Keep up the good work smile

My update this week is short. I made good progress on La Raspa. I need to smooth out the acceleration that you need to do on the tempo for the repeat. Right now its sort of clunky and I speed up the tempo in discrete chunks. I need to make it more gradual and smooth. It will be a challenge.

I have For He's a Jolly Good Fellow memorized but I need to get it more solid and speed up the tempo eventually.

I'm also polishing off my Mancini piece with some very detailed things my teacher wants to add during the repeat of the verse. I love this part of the work where you're just trying to nail the last 5% of the song and make it pretty smile

I also passed a little exercise in my Dozen a Day Book and I working on new piece in my Masterworks series.

My teacher said I'm really doing well and told me she is going to pick out a classical piece for me to work on because she thinks I am ready!! smile I'm very excited, I can't wait to see what she chooses.

2014 Knabe 48" Upright (WMV-121)
Yamaha P-35

https://soundcloud.com/blackjack1777/

#2509043 - Yesterday at 11:06 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Mark...]
Bsw Online   content

Loc: Florida, United States
Blackjack you are doing great. Such advancement. Me, I'm doing ok. My lesson this week went ok. I did manage to memorize The Waltz but I'm have issues making it sound like music not just hitting notes. That seems to be my biggest issue. It was never addressed by previous teacher. I will get this. It's good to have a teacher who loves music and wants to see me improve but it is not so easy at this point.

#2509214 - Yesterday at 05:39 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Bsw]
blackjack1777 Offline

Loc: California
BSW I'm sure your musicality will come along as you study more and more with your new teacher.

My teacher has stressed being musical ever since I started with her. But my teacher always, always, always sounds so much better than my playing even after I have reached the level where I pass a piece so I think it just takes lots of practice and time smile

My goal at my lesson this weekend is to try and pass my Mancini piece, La Rapsa, and For He's a Jolly Good fellow. I'm very close on all 3 of them. That would be a very huge day for me!

2014 Knabe 48" Upright (WMV-121)
Yamaha P-35

https://soundcloud.com/blackjack1777/

Page 108 of 108 < 1 2 106 107 108

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad 125) Sweetwater $5700 Giveaway
Sweetwater Giveaway
(ad) Yamaha CP Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP Stage Pianos - Learn More
(ad) Summer Keys
Summer Keys, a Music Adventure in Lubec, Maine
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Introduction! Hello!
by Jen Weir
02/11/16 02:01 PM
I did it! Bought a Yamaha N2 and LOVE it!
by Avantkey
02/11/16 01:22 PM
I don't know what to play?!?!?!
by Eliturbo
02/11/16 12:24 PM
Advice on silent piano: Schimmel SG2 or Yamaha SH?
by Amsterdampianist
02/11/16 06:51 AM
Assistance with reading structure
by imustlearn
02/11/16 03:49 AM
Forum Stats
82,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
170,409 Topics
2,494,305 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission