Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yurmauer Piano by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

I just went into my local branch of Bank of China. Playing away in the large foyer was a "Yurmauer" baby grand piano.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Books to Learn Notes for Teenagers? by pianoheart @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

One of the students who learned from Suzuki method does not know how to read notes, not even middle C, but can play very well. Are there any books that purely covers theory and teaches teenagers how to read notes from the very beginning?
Piano Forum
I have recently bought a Grand Piano, sight-unseen from Jim Laabs Music in Wisconsin. I had a very rewarding experience and currently own a great piano, we all love, despite of all the warnings against this method of buying a piano. In another post I
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Pedal problem with Korg SP100 by Peter071 @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

I have an old digital piano, a Korg Sp -100. I think it is 12 years old. Today I noticed something If I play a loud chord, press the pedal and release the keys the sound remains (naturally) If I release the pedal and press it again directly, I still
THEMED RECITAL MANAGEMENT FORUM
Jump to new posts ABF Recital FAQ and Guidelines : feedback by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 10:08 AM

This thread can be used to submit your feedback on the ABF Recital FAQ and Guidelines thread. The ABF Recital FAQ and Guidelines thread is introduced in order to re-focus on the original intention of the ABF recitals, to provide clarity for newcome
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts ABF Recital FAQ and Guidelines by wimpiano @ Yesterday at 10:03 AM

ABF Recital FAQ and Guidelines What is the ABF Recital? The ABF recital is an online recital. Forum members submit a recording of a piece they have been working on to display their current ability. There are two types of ABF recitals: Quarterly rec
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Did Bach’s wife write his finest works? by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 09:24 AM

"Did Bach’s wife write his finest works?" Hard to believe IMO, but read the article and get your own conclusions. Telegraph.co.uk article link here
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Bach & wife by CarlosCC @ Yesterday at 09:21 AM

Bach & wife
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Szanto Bach Prelude Fugue A minor by bkthugs10214 @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

Looks like Szanto transcribed Bach organ Prelude/Fugues Curious if anyone has performed the A minor and how it stacks up against Liszt's version in terms of technical difficulty, musical etc. Was trying to find any recording but can't seem to find
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Piano action by Kumi_27 @ Yesterday at 05:23 AM

Unknown graded hammer piano action, probably Roland
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Research Project! by RickyG @ 10/29/14 05:18 PM

[font:Comic Sans MS]Hi! I'm a student at Houghton College in New York. I'm looking for participants in a research project, ideally music professionals (teachers or performers) who began all their formal music study after high school (i.e. no previo
Piano World CD Project
Jump to new posts "damunt de tu només les flors" score. MONPOU/VOLODOS by 0987654321 @ 10/29/14 04:53 PM

The great pianist Arcadi Volodos,has masterly played and recorded some piano music of catalan composer Frederic Monpou. Even he has converted a very famous song of this composer :"damunt de tú només les flors" in a marvelous work of piano.
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Hymn Arrangement by Cherub Rocker @ 10/29/14 01:03 PM

This was my prelude two Sundays ago. And I'm sure that Liszt piece sounds very familiar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPt32gl0jFo
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts H.Kriebel Grand piano any information appreciated by Harryhere @ 10/29/14 09:35 AM

H.Kriebel Grand piano any information appreciated, about its history and it quality etc. Many thanks Harry
Jump to new posts Schumann Humoreske (Humoresque) Op.20 by BachMach2 @ 10/29/14 05:58 AM

I decided to set myself a challenge. Selecting a broad work of duration around 30 minutes, I would make one take. This received under 15 hours rehearsal with 2-3 hours technical work pretty much exclusively devoted to the concluding 12 bars (and wha
Jump to new posts Chopin Etude in C# minor No.7 from Op.25 set by BachMach2 @ 10/29/14 05:50 AM

This is played a little slow by traditional standards, but it is the one etude I prefer slower than faster. Here is my effort. Chopin Etude in C# minor Opus 25 Number 7 https://app.box.com/s/mcwqduazi1qcoly6k08g
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Lock Key -> what is it used for ?
by angga888
18 minutes 4 seconds ago
Yurmauer Piano
by PhilipInChina
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Books to Learn Notes for Teenagers?
by pianoheart
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Jim Laabs Music - my experience buying a grand sight-unseen
by ernani
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Buying a Grand Paino Sight-Unseen - my personal experience.
by ernani
Yesterday at 09:01 PM
Who's Online
100 registered (angga888, A-Tom, AnimistFvR, 36251, 28 invisible), 1981 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76712 Members
42 Forums
158628 Topics
2329747 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission