Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
178 registered (ajames, Aceituna, acortot, ALEXANDER DYKER, Alexander Borro, accordeur, 40 invisible), 1591 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Scales/Arpeggios/Block Chords Book? by Michiyo-Fir @ 19 minutes 1 second ago

I played piano for many years as a child and stopped for about 8 years in between. But recently I've started to play again and I find myself lacking in many of the technical skills I used to have. I did the RCM levels when I was young and if my mem
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te_atSEWHog&feature=youtu.be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts a special recording of a 1940 N.Y. Steinway D by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:45 AM

With corroded bass strings and the resultant grainy bass sound, and a shot sound board, nonetheless it can be very beautiful in the right repertoire and with the right handling - and when recorded with very sensitive microphones to capture the piano-
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Franz Liszt's Resignazione by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:32 AM

This is, in my opinion, the best of the recordings of that 1940 N.Y. Steinway D using the better microphones. It is pianissimo-mezzoforte throughout and in my opinion shows very well the soul of the music and also of the piano. https://www.youtube.
Jump to new posts Ervin Nyiregyhazi's "Andante, Ethereal" by Michael Sayers @ Today at 04:30 AM

This is with the 1940 N.Y. Steinway D and the better microphones. Unfortunately in the forte and above section one can hear the piano show its age and condition with its slightly corroded strings and the resultant grainy bass sound, and also a total
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Giggle time by Jytte @ Today at 03:45 AM

A pianist and singer are rehearsing "Autumn Leaves" for a concert and the pianist says: "OK. We will start in G minor and then on the third bar, modulate to B major and go into 5/4. When you get to the bridge, modulate back down to
Jump to new posts For Sarah by Michael Sayers by Michael Sayers @ Today at 03:35 AM

Okay, I couldn't wait three or four more days to post. Seemingly healthy men my age sometimes die due to heart attacks, suffer strokes, et cetera, so when I want to or I decide to do something, it tends to be immediate in case the opportunity disapp
Pianist Corner
all are contained at the link attached. I also have the score to the Bach Friskin Prelude sent to me by Seymour Bernstein so please email me if you would like it. We cannot otherwise find on the Internet. shirley_kirsten@yahoo.com https://arioso7.w
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDgC-ddqmWM&feature=youtu.be Amosdoll Music showcases a live advanced original piano arrangement and cover for PSY - "Father" ft. Lang Lang #爸爸我終於明白" #PSY #싸이 #FATHER #아버지 #
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRrlB2TL1A
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts DP + Backing Track by doremi @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

I am considering the new toy (to me) in subject line, DP + Backing Track. The Backing Track can be commercially bought, or self-made using BIAB, for example. The main noise would still come from the DP, played live. What I want the new toy to do is
Jump to new posts Bach-Busoni Ich ruf' zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ BWV 639 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Just a run through. This probably is the most conventional sounding recording I've posted online. I'll hold off for a while on starting more threads here. Very soon here then will be up close and personal recordings with that 1940 N.Y. Steinway D
Jump to new posts Aristocrat of the Slums (2012 recording) by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 08:18 AM

This recording of it on the Schimmel upright at Västerhaninge kyrka perhaps is too slow, yet somehow it does need to be expressed in a way that is more gritty and more emotionally grinding than back in 2008. Maybe with a grand piano's longer sustai
Jump to new posts Aristocrat of the Slums (2008 recording) by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 08:13 AM

This is a little music diary type composition. The images are a homage to the great chess player Wilhelm Steinitz who, despite his tremendous and profound vision, spent his entire life in poverty and died in tragic and unbefitting circumstances in
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts IMA Enharmonia: top level Masterclass and Competition by imaenharmonia @ Yesterday at 05:53 AM

International Music Academy Enharmonia has the goal of promoting high level musical education by offering top level piano masterclasses and a competition. This year from 21 to 27 September 2015 in Marbella (Andalusia, Spain), the second edition of
Jump to new posts Franz Liszt's Consolation No. 4 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 02:12 AM

The images are of Gustaf Vasa kyrka. I considered the much more plain and less ornate Adolf Frederiks kyrka - which is where Diderot was first buried and also which has the grave of assassinated Sweden prime minister Olof Palme - and may use photos
Jump to new posts Edvard Grieg's Arietta Op. 12 No.1 by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:48 AM

This was played on the slow side and with the fermatas/phrasing at the end fully applied. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r682APIlW3U
Jump to new posts Homage to Bach by Michael Sayers by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 01:26 AM

This is a little piece I wrote way back in 1989. Not much to it, really. It is just a two pager. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otqzZO_9VMs
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts chopin nocturne op 32 no 2 as chopin intended by Batuhan @ 03/29/15 11:56 PM

with proper rubato and pedalling as chopin intended
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Playing Etude Nouvelle by Batuhan @ 03/29/15 11:50 PM

after 1 month of study
Jump to new posts Alkan "Zorcico" Improved Recording by Orange Soda King @ 03/29/15 11:41 PM

I posted the audio from my box account in the other thread, but I then decided to make a YouTube video out of it and couldn't edit the post... So here's a new thread. Improved audio quality, improved piano, and improved playing. This recording is aud
Jump to new posts Franz Liszt's Preludio Funebre by Michael Sayers @ 03/29/15 12:08 PM

With apologies if this recording of a little-known piano work by Franz Liszt was posted here previously - if so, this won't happen again. There are issues with the performance of the Schimmel upright at Västerhaninge kyrka which was used on this oc
Jump to new posts Alexander Scriabin's Prelude Op. 11 No. 18 by Michael Sayers @ 03/29/15 11:50 AM

I hesitated to post this as it was a test recording, yet I am genuinely interested to get observations on this approach to interpreting some of the music of Scriabin. I might record the whole composition along with some others from Op. 11 this summe
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
how do you get into edit score after recording to see the g and f key, after playing. In cubase se version 1.0.7 works well in GarageBand and Logic.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] Kygo - Stole The Show (Advanced Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ 03/29/15 08:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5byRTvEkOq8&feature=youtu.be
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Adding Grace Notes To Octaves
by Terry Sweet
10 minutes 44 seconds ago
Scales/Arpeggios/Blo
ck Chords Book?

by Michiyo-Fir
14 minutes 42 seconds ago
Help choosing stage piano
by deypo
48 minutes 12 seconds ago
Equal finger pressure on chords
by Peyton
Today at 08:51 AM
Easy pieces in B major for beginners
by Aceituna
Today at 06:10 AM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,719 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,876 Topics
2,390,671 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission