Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Whole tone scales leading to interesting series of keys by caters @ 24 minutes 2 seconds ago

If you have 2 whole tone scales a minor third apart starting with C and Eb you get this(1 note at a time but keeping the interval in each group of 2 equal) ascending: C, Eb, D, F and so on This is the circle of fourths with minors and majors Major th
New Feature Requests
Jump to new posts RSS feeds for new topics only by f-a @ 35 minutes 2 seconds ago

Good day Piano World! I recently discovered these forums and I am enjoying them sooo much! I am an avid RSS user, so I was quite glad to find RSS feeds for Piano World (in this page). There is a problem though: let's try to click the Beginner
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Another beginner by mojoe @ 38 minutes 13 seconds ago

I have been lurking here for several weeks and thought I'd register and tell my tale. Like many adults, I haven't had any formal instruction, other than "music class" way back in Elementary School (way back - I'm 55). Over the years, I hav
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts GH1 tuning pin torque by awyaks @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

I looked at a Yamaha GH1 today that the owner complains of tuning stability issues. I've read a lot on this forum about this issue on GH1's, but still have some questions. The regular tuner says there's nothing wrong with the piano. I looked it
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Will you take Manhattan? by davefrank @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

http://youtu.be/OUgSMDWjxNU
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Schimmel Mod. 150 - NR by Rudy99golf @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

My Mother-in-law passed away at Mexico City last week after a long illness and almost 95 years on her back. She was an avid pianist through all her life, and a good one, BTW. When she was young she played on a Steinway grand at her parentīs home, a
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts 5 Abstract Studies by Simon Hester @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

Friends Here are my 5 Abstract Studies for Piano. Soon to be available in Sheet Music Please enjoy and comment if you wish Thanks Simon Hester https://soundcloud.com/simon-hester-sistermusic/sets/5-abstract-studies-for-piano-1
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Chopin Prelude in C Minor by arty @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

My first post and my first anniversary of piano lesson And my piano is Kawai KG2D. Hope you enjoy my playing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lCquVkyBKQ
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Top Of The World Piano - The Carpenters by Phuc Pham @ Yesterday at 09:13 AM

=LhcEiwyhnvI I love The Carpenters.I listened all of Carpenters songs when i was young still today.I play this song by ear . Enjoy!
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Is it my technique that's causing this? by T.M.E. @ 04/23/14 10:49 PM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/105862543@N04/13987164232/ (sorry the second to bottom line has merged with another part but the left 5th finger is mainly playing f) It's played really fast and my problem is my left hand pinky which has to play with
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Boris Slutsky to perform at PianoCraft on May 3 by Keith D Kerman @ 04/23/14 05:06 PM

There are a few seats remaining for a concert at PianoCraft featuring Boris Slutsky, current chair of the piano department at the Peabody Conservatory of Music. The concert takes place the evening of May 3 at 8 pm. Reception at 7 and meet the artis
Links to Additional Sources
Jump to new posts Linking EWQL to Musescore by Ezra Altabet @ 04/23/14 12:09 AM

Hi forum, So I'm a beginning composer who has some orchestral composition experience. I currently use Musescore, but I hate the sounds that it comes with. I've tried some other free soundfonts, but their not too great either. I love sounds produc
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Haydn Sonata in E minor Hob. XVI: 34, 1st movement by ABC Vermonter @ 04/22/14 10:37 PM

I recorded something else earlier today. After finishing recording those pieces, I had 10 minutes’ concert hall time left. So I recorded this additional piece just for fun (I had time for only one take). This is the third week into this piece. I
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Cunningham Matchless concert grand by phantomFive @ 04/22/14 01:16 PM

Grand piano.
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Metallica - Master of Puppets by bharatbash @ 04/22/14 08:49 AM

Hello all ! Heres my dig at this classic , have a look : http://youtu.be/9lP9_WV_jj4 Comments/Thoughts are welcome Thanks !
Jump to new posts Cracked soundboard photos by BenP @ 04/21/14 08:06 PM

Two pictures of a cracked soundboard on a customer piano.
Jump to new posts Always respect your piano by Beemer @ 04/21/14 09:09 AM

Take care of your piano or else: https://vimeo.com/17262149 Ian
Jump to new posts bridge failure by Ben_NZ @ 04/20/14 10:24 PM

This is in my 1920s upright, and it's affecting the tone. You can see the rust marks where the strings used to sit before the bridge pins moved. Time to replace the piano.
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts DEBUSSY-"Serenade for the Doll" from 'Children's Corner' by Hal Freedman @ 04/20/14 07:14 PM

http://youtu.be/XznUYyoc8xQ https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/debussy-nature-myth-legend/id716186796
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts Greg Pauley in Concert June 1st, Sunday 3:30pm by Larry Buck @ 04/20/14 07:58 AM

Greg is back for his 3rd concert of Beethoven sonatas. Greg will perform all 32 Beethoven Sonatas in nine concerts over three years. Don't miss it. Our Performance space is here on Facebook; E. J. Buck & Sons Performances You will see all
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Happy Easter! by Marko in Boston @ 04/20/14 06:58 AM

Member Recordings
Jump to new posts First recordings - Some music for Easter by wolferblade @ 04/20/14 01:01 AM

Hi all, I've been lurking here a little while, looking at digital piano forums but never signed up. So now I have. I thought I'd record some songs to celebrate Easter. These are my first piano recordings, which seem to have come out pretty well. htt
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Recorded a song on my workstation tonight by Arizona Sage @ 04/20/14 12:04 AM

Went full geek mode tonight and started sound designing on my Korg Kronos. This is the result. A short 3:30. Thanks for listening. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12762134
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital by Pathbreaker @ 04/19/14 10:23 PM

I've been reading a lot of threads about software pianos (e.g. Ravenscroft). I seriously want to upgrade to one of these but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it will be. Honestly I'm pretty happy with the sound on my digital piano through the sp
Jump to new posts CA glue applications by accordeur @ 04/19/14 10:01 PM

Guess we could call these composites? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=che6U4lm1cE
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
128 registered (Almaviva, anadyr21, AmateurBob, A Guy, Anne'sson, 33 invisible), 1429 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74318 Members
42 Forums
153719 Topics
2253435 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Whole tone scales leading to interesting series of keys
by caters
04/25/14 12:16 AM
Another beginner
by mojoe
04/25/14 12:02 AM
GH1 tuning pin torque
by awyaks
04/24/14 11:38 PM
Will you take Manhattan?
by davefrank
04/24/14 11:31 PM
Growing student
by pianoplayer84
04/24/14 11:19 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission