Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Recordings
I'm just a beginner... Playing since 2013 February. Started playing this 2014 February....
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Buzz-project: How do composer earn big money? by talfi composer @ Today at 09:10 AM

Hi guys, I have a dream, and that dream is that I could sell my music score for more than 1 million dollar. Actually, my dream goes beyond that, it's the dream that talented piano composer can sell their scores at a big prize. If you google most ex
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts The Great Pumpkin Waltz by Arizona Sage @ Today at 08:18 AM

Hi all, Here's my attempt to recreate the Great Pumpkin Waltz by Vince Guaraldi. I recorded it on one take and left it as is, flubs and all. I recorded this using my Korg KronosX, sending it into Sony Acid software. I'm just getting my DAW and Sy
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover by SAO @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

First complete piano transcription in my life Played by ear, then I make the piano sheets based on my performance. You can download the Sheets & MIDI on my blog, via this link http://sharingpiano.blogspot.com/2014/04/cristina-perri-human
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Mozart k310 by hreichgott @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

k310
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Chopin Op28 No 20 by Arizona Sage @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM

Hi all, I'm a relative beginner and have taken a stab at Chopin's prelude No 20 Op 28 No 20 in Cm. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12758747 I know the tempo is a bit slow but I'll work on that as I become more comfortable with the chord cha
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin etude op.10 no.1 by trigalg693 @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in a while, but I thought I'd share this. Recorded straight off my FP-7F, I haven't figured out why there's so much electrical noise but oh well. https://soundcloud.com/andrew-qian-2/chopin-etude-in-c-major-op-10
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Ruben Schoutrop - Nocturne Op. 55 No. 1 in F Minor by Ruben1 @ Yesterday at 05:14 PM

Hello, Wanted to hear your opinions about my performance in this video: It's the Nocturne Op. 55 Nr. 1 in F Minor from Frédéric Chopin! Enjoy
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Stories in SoundBook 2 Valerie Roth Roubos by DameMyra @ Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Quick question to any teacher/student who has this book. There is a piece in it called Spooky Story or Scary Story or something along those lines. Could someone give me the actual title?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Bechstein 7 by PhilipInChina @ Yesterday at 01:07 AM

I was going to mention this on the thread about the Bechstein 8 but didn't want to be accused of hijacking the thread. In a 1907 catalogue I have seen a model 7 listed at quite a bit more money than the 8. It is 4' 5.5" high and is advertised a
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts German-Made Perzina Pianos at Perzina Factory by Grandman @ 04/15/14 05:07 PM

German-Made Perzina Pianos at Perzina Factory
Born in Kharkov, Ukraine in 1877, Sergei Bortkiewicz studied with Liadov and Arek at the Imperial Conservatory in St. Petersburg and in Leipzig with Reisenauer. He toured Europe as a performing artist and also taught at the Klindworth-Scharwenka Cons
Member Recordings
Born in Kharkov, Ukraine in 1877, Sergei Bortkiewicz studied with Liadov and Arek at the Imperial Conservatory in St. Petersburg and in Leipzig with Reisenauer. He toured Europe as a performing artist and also taught at the Klindworth-Scharwenka Cons
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts An experimental piece by Polyphonist @ 04/15/14 04:12 PM

Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts ENKOR Piano and Violin Competitio​n by Enkor Competition @ 04/15/14 10:11 AM

Dear Teachers and Musicians, We are happy to present the first edition of ENKOR Piano and Violin Competition. Our mission is to support and encourage the young and very talented classical musicians. It is open to contestants of all nationalities an
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Etude in F major by Polyphonist @ 04/15/14 01:45 AM

A short piece in double notes.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts An easy way to determine how many strings are in a piano. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 04/15/14 01:33 AM

Consider a standard piano with ten singles strings and a change from bichords to trichords at C3: A0 to F#1 = 10 Strings G1 to B2 = 17 x 2 = 34 Strings C3 to C8 = 61 x 3 = 183 Strings Total = 227 Strings Just remember the ten singles, change at C3,
Jump to new posts For students - a lesson on how to hear beats easier by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 04/15/14 12:07 AM

I was just reading over some posts by students who were looking for ways to make tuning the temperament easier. Basically, the problem was that, although most techs use a healthy dose of thirds/sixths and fourths/fifths to tune a temperament, beginn
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Scherzo in G minor by Polyphonist @ 04/14/14 10:12 PM

A short scherzo in ABA form.
Jump to new posts Astin Weight Uprite - Reduce touchweight? by freelife @ 04/14/14 08:29 PM

Has anyone regulated Astin Weight uprights? I'm working on one of their 50" "Upright Grands" built in 1984 Although the keys weigh off at a typical 50 grams, the customer complained that the action "feels" somewhat heavy and
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts NY Times reviews of Jeremy Denk and Uchida recitals by pianoloverus @ 04/14/14 11:42 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/14/arts/m....html?ref=music http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/14/arts/m....html?ref=music I've heard Uchida many times live but I've never heard Denk live in recital. Both are sensational IMO.
Jump to new posts Joseph Haydn: Sonata in e minor Hob.XVI:34 by Tony007 @ 04/14/14 09:54 AM

Hello, today I want to present you my recent recording of Haydn's piano sonata in e minor Hob.XVI:34. I'm looking forward to your feedbacks http://youtu.be/yZEaN1SELc0 P.S. I've recorded the first movement already earlier. It was my first record
Jump to new posts Bechstein grand agraffe by BEN120N @ 04/13/14 02:12 PM

Dear Anyone, I have a valued customer with a 100 year old Bechstein grand piano. An agraffe has broken in the top treble section. These are the big fat square ones, and I can't find one in the uk. Help!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Searching U Iowa Piano Pedagogy Videos? by ClsscLib @ 04/13/14 09:55 AM

Please see post on this topic in the piano teachers' forum. If anyone has suggestions, please post them there! Thanks!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Searching U Iowa Piano Pedagogy Videos? by ClsscLib @ 04/13/14 09:54 AM

Please see post on this topic in the piano teachers' forum. If anyone has suggestions, please post them there! Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
152 registered (36251, accordeur, acortot, Adypiano, 46 invisible), 1682 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74215 Members
42 Forums
153526 Topics
2249853 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Casio AP range advice please
by thamajor7
04/17/14 01:38 PM
Installing plain wire: no twists involved
by A443
04/17/14 01:12 PM
Disney - Mulan - Reflection (arr. by K. Landry)
by Gi Dy
04/17/14 12:32 PM
A good introduction to history of French classical music?
by BWV 846
04/17/14 10:50 AM
Piano Composition + a Drawing
by leandrobrunapiano
04/17/14 10:50 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission