Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
91 registered (Anita Potter, Anne'sson, accordeur, Almaviva, anotherscott, 36251, 29 invisible), 1422 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Making a New York Steinway sound like a Hamburg Steinway by nphase @ 16 minutes 40 seconds ago

Hey, Here's kind of a silly question: What would it take to make a NY Steinway have that prototypical Hamburg sound? -Wil
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Scarlatti Sonata in E Major, K380 by jazzyprof @ 21 minutes 26 seconds ago

Just finished grading final exams...so to celebrate I sat down to play a little Scarlatti: Sonata in E Major, K380 Critical feedback appreciated!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Merry Christmas from Brazil! Feliz Natal!! by Piano_Brazil @ Today at 09:19 PM

So, 2014 is ending, and for me, it's always going to be remembered as the year when a very special dream came true: my beloved MH BB came all the way down from USA to my home in Brazil! Couldn't be more accomplished and happy with this wonderful ins
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Rzewski: De Profundis by pianoloverus @ Today at 09:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ref-wlFAoqw I would have posted Brendan Kinsella's performance but it seems to no longer be available. So I chose another one I liked. I'm very curious what others think of this piece. I only heard it once live and w
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Allegro con spirito - piano solo by Pukino777 @ Today at 04:05 PM

Hallo to everybody, another small contribution from me;
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Christmas 2014 at Piano World Headquarters - Maine by Piano World @ Today at 12:26 PM

Some pictures of our Christmas decorations here at Piano World headquarters in Parsonsfield, Maine Most of the decorating was done by Kathy. I added two new 20 amp circuits with outdoor outlets mostly to accommodate the lights :-) Now show us yours
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Merry Christmas from TromboneAl by TromboneAl @ Today at 10:26 AM

Hi, Guys, Haven't been around much, but I'm still playing. Click here for your Christmas card from Al & Lena Click here for your 2014 Christmas card from Al & Lena.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts More pictures of using mutes with Double String Unison by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ Yesterday at 09:26 AM

Pap's in the treble and rubber handled mute in the mid range.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts A new clip of the great Don Pullen in action by rintincop @ 12/18/14 01:41 PM

. Fast forward to 5:00 minutes for a close view of the fireworks. He was so unique:
Piano Forum
I know the PT forum would already know what caused it, but it was a big surprise to me. (Steinway M grand, 1917) kept closed for various reasons. https://arioso7.wordpress.com/2014/12/18/the-mystery-of-note-clicking-b-is-solved/
Jump to new posts Inspirational achievement of the year by CarlosCC @ 12/18/14 07:54 AM

Inspirational achievement of the year
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts December 2014 Holiday Piano Bar by piano_primo_1 @ 12/17/14 06:14 PM

Here's a medley of Christmas songs; I also plan to do one of movie themes that came out in December, but maybe next week . Hope so.... This is on the fly or needs more practice , hope it's OK and thanks for listening . Happy Holidays........ Ch
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Do you want to build a snowman by Cyrille Piano @ 12/17/14 04:11 AM

I'm playing my own arrangement of the song Do you want to build a snowman (from the movie Frozen) ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KyvLpbKaks What do you think ?
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Learning to play The moonlight sonata by DeeMaxx @ 12/16/14 11:16 PM

Hi at the moment i'm learning how to play Beethovens "The MoonLight Sonata" still have quite a bit to learn though...but i'm getting there...it's not an easy piece to learn especially if you've got small hands like me..thought i'd use this
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Santa Claus Is Coming To Town by T E Bekken @ 12/16/14 05:54 PM

Happy Holidays!! DocB http://youtu.be/EqPHlfwsAlY
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Grieg Wedding Day at Troldhaugen by TakomaRose @ 12/15/14 06:23 PM

I played this piece in a competition yesterday and I won a trophy (this is my second competition). This is amongst the best of all the times I've played it. I hope you like and would be happy to hear from you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G6_Otz
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
http://herbergerinstitute.asu.edu/pianocompetition/2015/ https://www.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&e=7e7ae4db6d5843fa8a63e5b7984fedcd
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts My favorite Erroll Garner album ever by rintincop @ 12/15/14 05:07 PM

Both of these make me go out of my mind:
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts Music is Rhythm by ajrdileva @ 12/15/14 03:25 PM

Hi guys, if you like Christmas Songs and love to play them, here's a cool app to practice rhythms and sight reading while playing a guessing game and performing all-time Christmas Classics. Here's the link to the website Sounds of Christ
Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts 12/14/14 Recital My 11 year old son op. 13 by frog97 @ 12/15/14 03:23 PM

This was on 12/14/14 for my 11 year old son's recital. Op 13 Beethoven. A nice effort, We would like to shared and hope you enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQT_ivmIElg
Member Recordings
Hey everyone, so I cloned myself and did a piano cover of "Something in the Water" by Carrie Underwood. Hope you like it! -Zach Evans
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Chopin 9/2 nocturne by ALEXANDER DYKER @ 12/15/14 11:01 AM

Certainly an overplayed tune. I have been learning three years nearly. I messed up the chromatic descents but will work on those. Feedback welcome. Hoping to do grade 6 ABRSM in early 2016. http://youtu.be/ibJt0bO4y-M
Member Recordings
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I would like to show you my playing of Bach prelude and fuga in g minor of the well tempered clavier II (BWV 885) sorry for the ad at the beginning of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMMbRwz2Bg0
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha P22 45 inch -- 1982 by WendyD @ 12/14/14 01:07 PM

Hi, I am new to the world of pianos. My children have been taking lessons for about 1.5 years and we've been using a keyboard. Its time to buy piano and the task seems daunting. I found a used piano near our home that is a Yamaha P22 45 inch 198
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Making a New York Steinway sound like a Hamburg Steinway
by nphase
12/20/14 10:24 PM
Merry Christmas from Brazil! Feliz Natal!!
by Piano_Brazil
12/20/14 09:19 PM
Rzewski: De Profundis
by pianoloverus
12/20/14 09:17 PM
Guide to skills level
by Gemgem
12/20/14 08:55 PM
piano with willie
by TonyB
12/20/14 08:25 PM
Forum Stats
77375 Members
42 Forums
160028 Topics
2349987 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission