Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
154 registered (Albunea, anamnesis, 5019, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1605 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Chickering Concert Grand Piano approx 1853 by Chuck Watson @ 10 minutes 20 seconds ago

I am trying to help my in-laws identify a Chickering Concert Grand Piano that has been in their family for many years. Oral family history says that the piano was built in 1853. I cannot find a serial number anywhere. However, it has a metal casting
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Intro to 'Steppin' Out' live by Visalia @ Today at 04:10 PM

Trying to figure out this song. Here's my thoughts on it so far. It starts off using some notes that seem to be based around an F maj 7th chord. There seems to be an arpeggiated C minor brought in at 0:14/0:15. You can later hear him walking down i
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Hello, I wondered if anyone could give me some advice? Our piano has a white chalky substance on the metal rods that connect to the pedals - it tends to form in little hills, and when you rub it it crumbles away (but still leaves white residue on the
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
I realize this forum isn't here to assist me on every issue, I just need a pointer on what the issue may be related to, so I can begin research in the right direction. The key sounds weak. It needs to be struck (correct word?) much harder to get a v
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts [NEW] The Weeknd - The Hills (Advanced Piano Cover) by Amosdoll @ Today at 10:24 AM

https://youtu.be/NdhbMEyFnlg
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts INCREDIBLE piano cover/music video of "A Thousand Years" by Josh Stefanski @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

Hey guys! Check out my latest piano cover/music video of Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years"!! Let me know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ssAI07zNU
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts INCREDIBLE piano cover/music video of "A Thousand Years" by Josh Stefanski @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Hey guys! Check out my latest piano cover/music video of Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years"! Let me know what you think!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ssAI07zNU
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Incredible piano cover/music video of "A Thousand Years" by Josh Stefanski @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

Hey guys! Check out my latest piano cover/music video of Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years"!! Let me know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ssAI07zNU
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Zoom Q 8 by Mark... @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

Looking for some feed back on the Zoom Q 8 camera with 4 track audio. Seems like a perfect piano audio video recorder. Saw a few You Tube reviews, but looking for some who may have used it for piano. Thanks Mark...
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Misty by Jack Hodkinson @ Yesterday at 07:08 AM

I've just uploaded a recording of myself playing Erroll Garner's wonderful standard, Misty. I don't have a professional recording setup, but I'm happy with how it turned out, and I think the quality of the recording actually adds some charm that woul
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Javier Liebana Castillo's improvisations by Michael Sayers @ Yesterday at 02:43 AM

Hi Everyone, Javier Liebana Castillo says elsewhere that he wants to return the art of improvisation to classical piano performances, and he has shared several examples at YouTube of his efforts. This one is based on a Chopin Mazurka. https://ww
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts an International Klein Blue hex code by Michael Sayers @ 05/27/15 02:00 PM

Hi Everyone, I have been reading up a bit on International Klein Blue. It seems that that an attempt has been made to arrive at an accurate hex code for it. Here is the Wikipedia article on International Klein Blue, and a page with a suggested hex
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts String lifter by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 05/27/15 10:01 AM

String lifter
Member Recordings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opoSehOwFS0
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Piano Texas, anyone? by ec @ 05/26/15 09:32 PM

Reading the post by TwoSnowflakes about Curtis piano camp inspired me to ask: is anyone out there going to Piano Texas at TCU this year? Only 15 more sleeps for us Active Observers (we are celebrating "The Poet of the Piano", Chopin, so i
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Dreamer by Cmin @ 05/26/15 06:24 PM

Hi! I just wanted to share my video. Dreamer on Youtube For the recording I used a Roland FP-80 keyboard with Pianoteq. Enjoy!
Jump to new posts More RD760 by dewster @ 05/26/15 02:18 PM

ditto
Jump to new posts Clavichord Soundboard Painting Sample by Tom Christian @ 05/25/15 07:08 PM

Sample of planned decoration for the clavichord project. The test uses the broken (and repaired) soundboard and bridge to test the design and the egg tempera medium. The final painting will be done on the replacement parts, now already finished and r
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Ernest Fanelli (1860 - 1917) by Michael Sayers @ 05/25/15 04:41 PM

Hi Everyone, I am wondering if anyone here is familiar with Ernest Fanelli's music for piano solo. Apart from the interesting biography at Wikipedia, and a few recordings of his haunting and evocative music on YouTube, there is little which is imme
Just For The Fun of It
Jump to new posts a Sir John Gielgud playlist by Michael Sayers @ 05/25/15 04:18 PM

Fellow Gielgud admirers, you may enjoy a look at what was brought to my attention: Sir John Gielgud - YouTube playlist
Jump to new posts Artist's conception by dewster @ 05/25/15 01:46 PM

rd-760 - please!
Jump to new posts Artists conception of Roland JV-XA done right by dewster @ 05/25/15 12:51 PM

A fantasy
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts my new schafer and sons piano by raydeniseb @ 05/25/15 11:50 AM

I just purchased a used Schafer and sons parlour grand piano originally purchased in 1991 for $12000. The owner sold it to me for $1600. My piano tuner advised me to purchase it after checking it out, said it was a great deal. I'm curious to find ou
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/lsFI77mV0J4
Member Recordings
https://youtu.be/mUWaGpiz5NM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chickering Concert Grand Piano approx 1853
by Chuck Watson
05/29/15 05:17 PM
Intro to 'Steppin' Out' live
by Visalia
05/29/15 04:10 PM
White chalk-like substance on metal rods at bottom of piano
by kiwik
05/29/15 03:51 PM
Key requires more velocity to achieve same volume as others
by Schick
05/29/15 03:05 PM
Returning to piano after 11 year absence
by Isabelle1949
05/29/15 01:12 PM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,462 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,429 Topics
2,412,232 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission