Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
123 registered (anamnesis, alans, 39 invisible), 1608 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Harmonic Analysis by musicpassion @ 4 minutes 30 seconds ago

Do you emphasize the harmonic analysis of the music your intermediate and advanced students are playing? Of course you are probably teaching the ability with theory, but are your students able to quickly identify harmonies on the pieces they are pla
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Interesting Thesis comparing popular methods by kcoul058 @ Today at 07:30 PM

Hello all, I thought other piano teachers would find this interesting, a thesis from the same University I did my Bachelor of Music at - there is a strong presence in piano pedagogy there owing to the research laboratory that was installed during my
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts Billy Boyd - The Last Goodbye [Hobbit Soundtrack] by Mr. Pianoman @ Today at 08:40 AM

The next and also the last part of the Hobbit trilogy will come to theaters on december 2014. The film is called The Battle Of The Five Armies. Pippin actor Billy Boyd himself will sing the title song [The Last Goodbye] of this final Hobbit movie. I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Music reading apps for iPad that use mic by Artur Gajewski @ Today at 03:02 AM

Hello all, I found an app for my iPad that uses microphone to listen to played notes on the piano and gives score once the note is played correctly. This game is for kids and I would be looking for similar application meant for real music reading le
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Chick Corea master class by Dfrankjazz @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

Bar bar bar analysis of a recent solo performance: http://youtu.be/OmNI8HuPhDM Blessings and keep swingin'
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Una Cora woes by sopranojam85 @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Pictured is the una cora mechanism on the 1921 Harman-Peck baby grand. The back corner of the keyframe is rounded, and this might be a result of repeated wear and tear from the back of the una corda spring. Also, the guides in the cheek block seem
Jump to new posts Me by Gerry G @ 11/22/14 10:42 PM

My photo
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
My priority is piano sound and the delicacy of key weight, which basically my aim is the realistic of piano sound. I'm humbly request you guys' comments about which one is better CP1 or CP4 regardless to price and weight. Thank you everyone ! :))
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Baldwin Concertmaster tech needed by daniokeeper @ 11/22/14 08:50 PM

If there are any techs in Western Pennsylvania that work on Baldwin Concertmaster systems, could you please PM me with your contact info. I did a tuning in Zelienople on a Hamilton baby grand by Baldwin. The piano has an electronic Baldwin Concert
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Fair Price for Roland HP-508 by MarkF786 @ 11/22/14 07:54 PM

I'm looking to buy a Roland HP-508 and want to have a target price in mind before visiting the local shops and negotiating. I'm thinking 30% off of MSRP is a fair price for buyer and seller, and the first shop who agrees to that will get my business
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Hi Friends, I'm new to the forums and relatively new to the piano. I've been writing songs and playing guitar for almost 30 years and have *finally* started piano lessons. I wish I'd done it much earlier, because it's already helping my guitar pl
Jump to new posts Loose hammer heads: test! by A454.7 @ 11/22/14 01:21 PM

When hammer heads are loose (i.e., the two wooden surfaces significantly detached from one another) an audible click is easily heard at the keyboard during performance, especially when playing pianissimo. As a follow-up, technicians often attempt to
Jump to new posts Plate crack by Chris Leslie @ 11/21/14 02:59 PM

Plate crack
Jump to new posts Odd Bladwin by Gerry G @ 11/21/14 01:53 AM

Saved from the trash heap
Jump to new posts Shoninger Upright pianos by JMichaelWilson @ 11/20/14 09:19 PM

Does anyone have information on Shoninger Upright Pianos. I have one that I think was made in 1922. Just wondering if anyone had ever worked on one or tuned one. Your thoughts on this piano would be appreciated.
Mechanical Musical Instruments
Jump to new posts Listing of Electronic Player System Techs? by daniokeeper @ 11/20/14 12:35 AM

Hi, i have a customer with a Baldwin Concertmaster player system in her grand piano. About 4 years ago, there was a lightning strike. I'm told the keys thumped up and down a few times immediately after that. Then, the player system never worked
Jump to new posts hickering console termination by harpon @ 11/19/14 06:41 PM

Rounded point, but rough harp material
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New Home for Steinway by Steve Cohen @ 11/19/14 03:53 PM

PRESS RELEASE - (Courtesy the Music Trades) New Home For Steinway Hall STEINWAY HALL WILL RELOCATE from its landmark location on New York's 57th Street to the former location of the International Center of Photography, 14 blocks south on 43rd Str
Jump to new posts kawai 2 terminal points by harpon @ 11/19/14 09:42 AM

smoothed apparently
Jump to new posts kawai terminal points 1 by harpon @ 11/19/14 09:40 AM

Kawai points
Jump to new posts Kimball upright treble terminal point by harpon @ 11/19/14 09:38 AM

It appears covered with slick metal
Jump to new posts Steinway hammers by harpon @ 11/19/14 08:47 AM

Steinway grand hammers and tapered shanks
Jump to new posts Inharmonicity of Ritmüller GH148R, GH160R etc. by pinkfloydhomer @ 11/18/14 05:27 PM

Does anybody have a TuneLab file or similar with measurements of the iH of these Ritmüller grands? Or just experience tuning them, ETD or aurally? How do they behave across the tenor break? Any major jump in iH? How about tunability in general, f
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Harmonic Analysis
by musicpassion
3 minutes 34 seconds ago
Best Way to Clean Keys on an Acoustic?
by newbert
Today at 07:51 PM
Interesting Thesis comparing popular methods
by kcoul058
Today at 07:30 PM
As a teacher would this irritate you?
by pianosNpreschooler
Today at 07:13 PM
What do you play for?
by findingnemo2010
Today at 07:07 PM
Forum Stats
77031 Members
42 Forums
159326 Topics
2340430 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission